after 6 months of trying...BFP!!!! <3

splintrofhope

Reaction score
i was never an active poster in this community, but i was an active reader in the "trying to conceive" thread, and the infamous "trying to conceive - but with problems" thread.

my husband's SA results came back unfavorable. good sperm counts, but bad motility at around 30%. IUD after 1.5 years for me, removed in november of 09, but no known problems. i have had regular, consistent "by the book" periods since removing it.

we did everything the same last month as we did every other month. first day of my last period was 04/19/10. i used the walgreens brand OPK and got a postive on 05/03/10. BD that morning, that night, and the morning of 05/04/10.

regular, consistent "by the book" periods, for me, meant 30 day cycles, spotting a couple of days before the 19th-20th of every month, where AF would come. i would get really tender/sore breasts, and light to moderate cramps.

on the 17th of this month, i had realized my period was due in 2 days and i hadn't started spotting yet. i decided to take a pregnancy test, with a FRER, and got a BFN. :( i was super sad, of course, and thought - well, here we go again, but great, now after 6 months of being able to pinpoint my cycle...it's all messed up now.

the 19th rolls around, still no spotting, still no period. hubby says wait a few more days. but now i have REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sore breasts. still, i figure it's just late. stress has been my middle name lately...so i guess it shouldn't surprise me.

the very next day, i go over to a friend's house (who just had a baby) where i immediately gush my story of being a day late now, and still no signs (other than the sore breasts) of AF coming. she tells me she has a clearblue digital pregnancy test left under her sink, and that she thinks i should take it. i told her about my BFN just a couple of days ago, and she reminded me that it could have been too soon. and that everyone's body metabolizes the HCG horomone differently.

it took me a little longer, and a little more encouragment, but sure enough - i took the test and....

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v150/sweetxtalker/?action=view&current=IMG_0184-1.jpg

BFP!!!!! <3
based off my last cycle, i am 4 weeks and 6 days.
and no, i still can't believe it. :)

let's try this again.....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/sweetxtalker/IMG_0184-1.jpg?t=1274621224

congratulations, a well deserved bfp, I get spotting before my period so am very glad to hear your success story!

all the best for you and your pregnancy

congrats hun i am so pleased for you, how far along are you, you are due about the same time as me i think x

congrats split :yipee: you give us all hope!

thanks so much, NEVER give up hope! i honestly didn't think it would happen, if at all, and especially not this soon...due to the hubby's SA results. we are living proof that it CAN happen, even when the odds are not in your favor.

Congratulations!! Such awesome news... I'm so happy for you :happydance:

Heres to a Happy and Healthy pregnancy :flower:

Congrats....:happydance: Your last cycle was the same as mine 4/19/10 but i O around the 5th instead of the 3rd so i'm 2days behind you...:thumbup: YAY....:hugs:CONGRATS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->