After 7 years......

XKatX

Reaction score
and lots of long summers, I have finally been reffered to a dermatologist for my suntan lotion allergy!!! It is so bad, I have been in A&E with it before. My face swells up, I can barely see out of my eyes and my skin gets a strange excema type reaction top to toe. It is just awful. It actually hurts and aches and burns like crazy. And once I've had it that summer, thats it. Just give me a whiff of suntan lotion and my body goes into overdrive. So many holidays have been ruined because of this.
It's been driving me crazy and, after spending the weekend trying to find a lotion I can use and failing miserably, I booked an appointment with the doctor. It's not like it's make-up, that I can take or leave. My health relies on this, especially with the risk of skin cancer.
I stayed out of the sun at the weekend, but had to put lotion on my son. The next day my eyes were all puffy. And that was after a day of constant handwashing. I can't spend every summer not touching him, just in case.
I'm so delighted, I can't tell you!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

7 years bloody hell! thats a long time for such a serious allergy! its not like a food allergy where you can just not eat it... hope they come up with something.

7 years bloody hell! thats a long time for such a serious allergy! its not like a food allergy where you can just not eat it... hope they come up with something.

I know! They've even given me an epi-pen before, but never reffered me :dohh:. It's so stupid!

Bless you, really hope you get sorted soon hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->