After a bit of advise I'm 34-3 contracting every 7 mins in hospital

MommaCC

Reaction score
I'm as my title says 34-3 weeks I'm contracting every 7 mins at the mo they are a little painful but beatable at the mo. been contracting since yesterday @ 12 pm. Was admitted onto the ward last night after monitoring and an internal from my consultant.
My contractions have not been massively regular skipping from 10 to 4 mins apart.
I've been told to rest but I can sit still it hurts to much :(

My first son was born at 39 weeks and I was in slow labour for 1 week before that.

With this info does it look like he will be coming or will it all stop?

Just after experiences and advise really x

Hi. I'm sorry you're going through this! I went into premature labor at 28.6 weeks with my first, and at 35 weeks with my second. I contracted slowly with my first (and thought it was braxton hicks for an entire day) but he was born 3 days later after a failed attempt at stopping the contractions. My 2nd was born within 5 hours after I started contracting (but they weren't regular at first, and slowed down for a bit, but picked back up again).

I hope yours stop, and your little one stays in a bit longer! :hugs:

No experience really only to ask if you waters have broken? My waters broke at 35+5 but I still had to be induced into labour. I'm not sure if the waters not being broken means you have a better chance of the contractions slowing.
You're nearly 35 weeks so please don't worry too much (hard not too I know) - your baby is already much bigger than most in this forum and look how well they're all doing :)

Hope it all slows down for you :)x

No experience really only to ask if you waters have broken? My waters broke at 35+5 but I still had to be induced into labour. I'm not sure if the waters not being broken means you have a better chance of the contractions slowing.
You're nearly 35 weeks so please don't worry too much (hard not too I know) - your baby is already much bigger than most in this forum :)

Hope it all slows down for you :)x

My waters didn't break with either of mine, and I still went into PML. :nope:

I started contracting at 26 weeks, but we were able to keep them cooking until 32+3 with meds and bed rest! Have they said what your cervical length is? Even if you can't sleep- try to relax and drink tons of water- even mild dehydration can bring on contractions/labor

Good luck, Mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->