After a buddy - End july 2010!

Divabell

Reaction score
Hi there!

Im 30 years old and I live in Cumbria England with my husband and 3 boys. Im am currently 8 wks with baby number 4.

would love to hear from anyone who would like a bump buddy?!?!

Many thanks

Divabell

XXX

Hi Divabell -
I am due on 20th July, baby number 4 for me too -but I feel as excited and nervous as if it was my first lol. It has been nearly 8 years since I had my youngest lol.
I live in Scotland, just outside Glasgow. And as you'll see by my ticker I am just over 10weeks.

I have my first scan in 1 week and 3 days, I can't wait to see baby, and make sure everything is okay. Have you had any scans yet? -Or when is your first?

Donna x

hey im due around 27th july i think. will find out for definite when i have my scan but not sure when that is either....my first midwife appointment is tomorrow. i only found out i was pregnant on 23rd. i live in derby, england. im 21 years old and this is my first. im so excited :D
x

Due July 30th here with my first. Am so excited it's ridiculous lol. My first scan is on Jan. 13th and I can't wait...just hoping that everything is ok with bean, though I have no reason to think otherwise. I know my age puts me at higher risk for baby having down's syndrome (I'll be 35 when bean is due) but the risk is still so small that there's no point in thinking about it. Congrats everyone on their bfp's.

Well ladies -only 1 week today until I see my lil bubba for the first time - or maybe 2 lil bubbas lol - I am SO big !!! -It is baby number 4 but even still, I really dont know.
Everyone I meet is like 'Oh when you due?' and when I tell them I am still first tri- they are all 'OMG It must be twins', infact my sis is now convinced its triplets now lol.

We hadn't planned on telling anyone we were pregnant until Xmas but from 6 weeks gone, I was in maternity clothes and it was impossible to hide lol.

Probably all water retention and fat lol -but WOW wouldn't that be amazing haha -trying for baby number 4 and ending up with numbers 4 and 5 and the same time.

Angelmyky -Hi and Congrats on your BFP - Hope everything goes well with your 1st midwife appointment.
Kmac625 -Hi and congrats too - I will be 37 on my b'day so I am having the combined test next week - nuchal scan and bloods together; really hoping everything is okay. But you are right, still only a small risk, and more n more mums are having babies in late 30's and even 40's and older so I try not to worry too much. Know I will probably be a wreck on the day though -although with a combination of excitement, fear and nervous anticipation all rolled into one.

Take care everyone xx

Hi wannabubba...I remember you from the ttc boards...nice to see you in here. My combined test is on January 13th and I'm so excited to see my bean. I'm a little nervous, but really, the odds are in my favour that bean is perfectly healthy. Please update when you have had your scan...I'm excited to hear how it all went (it will be all good news I'm sure).

kmac -I defiantely will update as soon as I have seen lil bean -it is so exciting (and a bit scary?) isn't it? lol And then after that we have the 20 wk scan to look forward to and worry about lol.

I am so desperate to find out the sex -all these sales just now and I want to buy buy buy -but def wont see that this week, so I'll just have to wait until March for that ... at least by then the spring clothe should be coming in the shops and I can go ona spending spree of blue or pink lol

xx

hey thanks for the luck. midwife was really nice on 29th. my next appointment with her is on 12th january, mainly just to take some blood and urine for routine tests. my first scan is on 14th :D she worked it out that my estimated due date is 26th july. but it may change when i have the scan. im hoping they dont put me back too much. i think they might change it to beginning of august. will know soon. i cant wait to see the baby. its so exciting.

anyway happy new year and hope 2010 is a good year for you :D x

Hey ladies -well I am just back from my first scan and it was brilliant.:thumbup:
One baby only -I am just getting fat lol

Baby waved and stuck her/his tongue out at us, took the sonographer ages to get the measurements as baby was jumping about so much. It was so good to see, a healthy bubba in there. Must admit I was terrified for a bit.
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

NT measurements all looked good, had bloods done too though, so al results are not in yet - but everything looked good so far, NT measurements were 1.3mm -1.5mm; and anything under 2.8mm is classed low risk.

My date was changed too -yay -forward by one whole week -yay!!!! Now due on my birthday -13th July. My daughter says as long as its not born on her birthday (her sweet 16th is on the 10th July so I hope not too -dont want to take that special day away from her)

So exciting now, and only 7 weeks until our detailed scan and hopefully find out the gender at that time too. and only 6 days left of first trimester, c'mon second tri.Yay!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats on the great scan wanna!!! That's great too that you got moved up a week...better than being moved a week back. You'll have to put a pic up for us to see. My scan is coming up fast (but not fast enough for me). Have my first physical exam on Thursday and scan next Wednesday...woohoo!

Just realised -I am not really 'end of July bump now' with my date being put forward to 13th July- okay if I stay???

Here's a pic of my lil bubba

Picture 268.jpg Baby CRL 67mm, states 13w+1d but only 13w

Picture 270.jpg baby waving. How cool -look fingers lol

Picture 269.jpg close up of LO 's head.

xx

awwww thats so cute. i cant wait to see my baby on 14th. :D how was it? im so excited, i may even cry :shy: lol.

Angelmykyy- it actually wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be tbh -its was all a bit clinical for that, and i was so intent on reading the screen checking out the nasal bone for myself,checking out the nt measurement s etc lol and was just so relieved that there was actually a baby in there -even with the bloat and bump it was becoming a bit surreal -cant wait until I feel her/him moving about -then it defiantely 'feels' real lol

It was wonderful though, so great to see the LO doing somersaults and opening n closing his/her mouth; sticking his/her tongue out etc WOW it really is a baby haha -just needs to grow n grow n grow .
yay!!!

Good Luck when you get your scan - it will be excellent.

xx

yeh thats what i cant wait for.....just seeing the shape of the face, fingers etc. just seeing the baby there will bring it to reality. at the moment im finding it hard to fully come to terms with it, doesnt quite seem real. maybe it will when i see the scan. i hope so anyway.

thanks and i'll get a picture up as soon as i get home from the scan. if you have heard the heartbeat, when was it? (how many weeks gone were you).....ive still not heard mine yet. have you had the swine flu jab too? xx

Hi -No, I still haven't heard the heart beat - so disappointing but we could see it beating on the scan and baby was defiantely moving about lol- so no worries there but I want to hear it too.

And as for swine flu jab - no I haven't had it - tbh if I had been offered it in frst tri I would have refused it -i just believe that injecting any drugs into your system in the early days of embryotic development is risky (just my opinion) and neither my GP or MW has mentioned it,and I keep forgetting. I have an appointment in 3 weeks with mw I will ask her then what she thinks (prob get to hear heart beat then too).

Have you had it or are you getting it???

It is so hard really -cos if you take it and there is an adverse reaction with baby-how do you live with that?; but likewise you dont take it and baby is affected because of getting swine flu then OMG how would you feel then??? I feel kinda silly even debating this because I always get my children vaccinated / innoculated but some how I feel this has been a bit rushed and I am not 100% confident in it.

xx

The pics are awesome wanna! I especially love the waving hand picture...too cute. I hope I get some good pics next week at mine...I'll be 11w 5d, unless they change my date...but I was temping so I don't think it's possible for it to be different than what I think it is. I'm hoping it feels real after my scan too because so far I don't really feel pregnant, just like I'm getting fat lol.

I was temping too, so kinda expected to get put forward -from LMP I was only 12w, but from ovualtion date I reckoned I was12w+6d and sonographer put me onto 13w exactly.

I was jsutso happy that my dates weren't put back lol.

Good Luck with your scan next week - cant wait to see the pics xx

i havent spoke to m/w yet about the swine flu jab. i will though but im not sure about having it. my sister had a mild case of swine flu about 2-3 months ago, and i didnt catch it then so maybe its not around my town at the moment. noone seems to be suffering with it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->