After a couple of preemie hospital comparisons please!

D

dizz

(Yes I'm well aware I'm hideously over-forward planning this and prematurity is not inevitable, but I want to know that if this bean sticks, I've done everything I can to try to make any hospital stay as smooth as possible).

Anyone got any experience of having a preemie in either Derby Royal (I forget what it's called exactly now since they changed all the names) or City Nottingham? Trying to find out which one would be likely to be the more pleasant of the two options before I go to the midwife and have to name a hospital to be booked in at. QMC is 9million percent out of the question - I had a hideous experience there and their transitional care coming out of NICU is downright awful.

Travel-wise - they're about 50/50 - Derby's further distance-wise but City involves more roads that get congested... Derby's out of our PCT (we're on the border) but I'm more than prepared to fight that battle if necessary... there's stuff online about normal birth experiences at different hospitals - but can't find anything about the preemie angle at all, which is what's worrying me more.

Not my area's but there was thread on bliss from someone who had been at Derby which they thought was a brilliant neonatal and then transferred to QMC and didn't like it.

Not my area's but there was thread on bliss from someone who had been at Derby which they thought was a brilliant neonatal and then transferred to QMC and didn't like it.

That's what I've heard from someone who'd been pushed around pretty much every hospital in the midlands by the sounds of what she was saying to me... that Derby seemed to have a much more supportive setup for the parents (my opinions on QMC are barely printable lol - first thing I'm doing when I get my maternity notes this time is writing on them in large red letters "PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TO QMC"). Can't find much in the way of any information about City - I know locally it tends to be regarded as the "better" of the two Nottingham hospitals but I've got no idea regarding preemies at all (I'm coping with all of this by planning as if it's inevitable I guess!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->