After a miscarriage question. Please give feedback.

sassy_tiger

Reaction score
I got a call from my doctor after asking to see my doctor sooner because I have been spotting for 3 days. Doctor calls back and says there is nothing you can do about it. I didn't want to do anything about it I just was tired of being stuck in limbo not knowing what was going on with my body. While she was busy explaining something I already knew. I was telling her I don't want to do anything about it I just want to know whats going on. If its a miscarriage I'll like to know so I can move on from it and go at it again. She mention that I should wait at least 3 months. I was still stuck on telling her I just want to know whats going on. So at the time I was concern about her telling me I should wait.

So here is my question....
If any of you have gone threw a miscairge did your doctor tell you to wait some time after a miscarriage before getting pregnant again?

I had miscarriage in 2011 and got pregnant again right after my miscarriage and had no problems with that pregnancy.

So sorry you are going through this hun. :hugs:

I had a chemical in Feb was told to wait two full cycles. HOWEVER, I am on clomid so I think that had more to do with it than anything else.

My understanding is for an early miscarriage they like you to wait one cycle so it is easier to date the pregnancy. But there really isn't much risk to try right away. And I have seen on here many women go on to have successful pregnancies right after a miscarriage.

So sorry you are going through this hun. :hugs:

I had a chemical in Feb was told to wait two full cycles. HOWEVER, I am on clomid so I think that had more to do with it than anything else.

My understanding is for an early miscarriage they like you to wait one cycle so it is easier to date the pregnancy. But there really isn't much risk to try right away. And I have seen on here many women go on to have successful pregnancies right after a miscarriage.

Thank you for that. It does make sense. You know that could be a possibility. My other doctor was surprise i was taking vitumins before i removed my IUD. She said not many women go there planing and preparing.

thanks tons! :thumbup::hugs:

p.s. I hope those two months went by fast for you.

I had an early miscarriage back in September. I was told I could restart on my next proper cycle. I have a different issue that requires a biopsy every so often and they wanted the hcg gone to do so and that took a month to clear my system. I didn't get a proper af until Nov 2, almost 2 full months since the mc started. But I didn't have to wait a few cycles.

there is no reason to wait. A doctor told me the main reason they tell people to wait is so the dates will be clear... if you feel you are ready to try right away, you feel good psyically and mentally then go for it.

there is no reason to wait. A doctor told me the main reason they tell people to wait is so the dates will be clear... if you feel you are ready to try right away, you feel good psyically and mentally then go for it.

Thank you! I'm really thinking of a new doctor for me. One that will listen to my concerns.

The only reason to wait that makes any sense to me, is for our hormones to get back to normal, and our uterus to have time to clear out and rebuild a nice thick lining for a new embryo to attach to.

One or two cycles makes sense to me personally, if only from the standpoint of allowing our bodies to truly fully recover and reset.

Also depends on when the loss was. I wouldn't even wait a cycle if it was a chemical loss...or up to 4-6 weeks. Longer may need more physical recovery time.

I had an early miscarriage and then got pregnant the next cycle and now have a healthy 5 month old. There is no reason to wait if you feel ready to try again.

Hi, I'm sorry for your loss, I had an incomplete mc at 8 weeks, took the medical route. I started ttc straight after bleeding had stopped as I believed with previous posters that the delay to ttc was only based on dating a new pregnancy however for me 2 weeks after my mc to confirm all was ok they found an area of bleeding in the endometrium, it wasn't my period about to start and my mc was complete, I had another scan booked 2 weeks later to confirm it the bleed had gone if not I would need further investigations, I was so worried for the next 2, thinking that if I had fallen pregnant in this time I may have put that pregnancy at higher risk of a mc/ complications, it was already a stressful time so you imagine I did not do well for those 2 weeks!

Luckily for me my scan showed the bleed was gone and I started my period so I'm now on my 1st proper ttc cycle post mc. I would now take the approach of waiting at least 1 cycle after a mc, especially after medical or d&c to improve the endometrial thickness for implantation.

All the best x

I realized, I didn't answer your actual question!

My doc was not a nice person, to put it kindly. Becuse of my loss, bleeding issues, and age (an ancient 38!!!) she told me not to try to conceive at all!!

I'm wondering if your spotting has stopped? Were you preg? Have you tested with hpts since, to see if the lines are still there, or changing at all?

I'm sorry you're going through this, especially with a doc who seems to not understand how you are feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->