After Labour

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone can help obvisoly as all hospitals are diff but I just wondered what happens just after your baby is born?

So 'pop' out comes baby.......then what?

Bath/shower - Do you go alone?
Stitches?
Eating/drink?
How long do you spend in the labour suite afterwards before being moved to the wards?

I'm assuming your not left sat in a mess and they move pretty quickly to get you tidied up etc?

Sounds a bit odd but I'd just like to know what to expect?

Ta x

I can post what happend to me after my lot but like you say, it might be diffrent in other hospitals, i think it also depends on if you have consultant or midwife lead care.

On Charlie and Ethan, they came out, got cleaned up and handed to me (or there dad) i didnt need stitches so i was able to go for a shower pretty much striaght away (within half hour) then once out the midwifes gave me tea and toast. the midwifes left me alone but popped in now and again to see if things were ok.
On charlie i stayed in over night, on Ethan i was able to go home after 5/6 hours as long as i had been to the loo ok. while i was on the labour ward the midwifes came over oftem to check on us both and help out with anything i needed.

On Coby it was a diffrent hospital, bloody horrible place! Coby came out and i poured with blood,his birth was very fast and stresful, they left me there like that for ages! i eventualy got up myself to go for a shower (didnt need any stitches) and Jase had to help me, not a midwife in sight. When i got out of the shower, ther was still blood all over the bed and floor so i had to sit on a chair and try to latch Coby on myself, had no help whats so ever with breastfeeding, or anything! no food either, Jase had to go and get me something from a vending machine.

They came in after about an hour and took me to laubour ward where again i had no help, just popped in and out now and again to check Coby, not me!
I was allowed to go home after 5/6 hours on him and was glad to get out of there.

This time round i am going to a diffrent hosiptal (one of out my area) coz the first one where i had Charlie and Ethan is now midwife lead only and i need drugs! lol

x

after i had rhys things were pretty much a blur for me due to gas and air

he came out and they popped him on my tummy and delivered the placenta then he was weighed etc while i was stitched up i then breastfed and had tea and toast brought to me whilst i was BF. then was told rhys had to be placed under a heat lamp for an hour and was told to go shower. he was born at 3ish and i was back at the ward at around 6ish

Thank you both!

Just nice to get some sort of idea for when it FINALLY happens!

Ta
xx

Maddie and ellie i had them "pop" lol

Showered with maddie bathed with ellie (i passed out in the bath was there 4 over an hour and NOBODY checked!)
I had tea and toast with both and the room was cleared ASAP, i got taken to the ward with maddie and discharged with ellie after 6 hours and stayed on labour ward!

xxx

i had chloe, she was weighed etc, then placed on me to feed, delivered placenta etc, and then had a sponge bath(had an epi so was numb) was in labour suite for about 2 hours after id gave birth, went on to ward an had tea and toast :D

with callum, i had him,gt him weighed, fed him then demanded a shower as i felt mingin!!! showered myself got changed and had tea and toast b4 going to ward :D

I had Bethanie in the water tub, she was placed on me, then handed to Sonny. I then got out and delivered the placenta, I needed one stitch up there. Im not sure how it works on all wards, but I was left in a corridoor in full blown labour beforehand for a few hours so they gave me the posh new birthing suite so I could pretty much take my time. I was so tired (id been up days though) so I didn't bath until the next morning (I know it seems minging, but Bethanie went to special care etc.. so it was all a bit mad.) We didn't eat until about 4am, we went straight to sleep!

Don't know everyones experience obviously, but it wasn't as helpful as I thought it'd be. Once id given birth, everyone disappeared and it was confusing to know exactly what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->