After school play dates

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Just a random question to those who've had kids round/sent thier LOs to others. What sort of time would you expect a parent to collect/ask you to collect your LO.

Me personally I'd say around 5/5.30 unless the parent was working etc and I was doing a favour.

I ask because Ben is at one now, his second ever one without me there, with the same boy. Anyway last time was a Sunday, we went to soft play together and the boy wanted Ben over at around 3pm, the mum didn't mind, great....except I dozed off on the sofa and woke up at half 7 and no call to collect etc. He was so tired it was the worst journey home ever!!

So today after school they run out together begging for a play date, she offers to have them, and it's now 6.30pm and no call!!! I'm going to txt in a min and ask if he's ready to come home.

I think lm more annoyed though as I start a full time job on Weds and this is the second to last afternoon I have with him!! I said he could go as he was soo excited but I miss him :(

We arrange times when the play date is arranged even if it's a spontaneous thing-that way both sets of parents and children know what to expect.

On a school night 6.30ish would be normal for Amy (6) - the child would have tea and then an hour or so to play afterwards.

Thanks hun, maybe half 6 is the norm, 3 and a half hours just seems a lot to me!! She literally just txt to say he didn't eat his dinner so is still hungry :dohh: so I'm going to get him and have to quickly sort a sandwich out when he's back.

I tend to run the neighbourhood "gang" as my kids are always outside (we have a communal backyard area). I regularly watch one of the little boys who goes to school with Hannah. The mom knows that we eat dinner around 5:30 and either I drop him off at that time or she comes and collects him

They get off the bus around 4 and he goes home for a snack etc. first so I generally only watch him about an hour :flower:

My lo is only 4 so slightly younger which may make a difference. If he had a friend over I'd probably aim to do tea for 5 ish and take the child back at half 5 - 6 ish. At the minute my lo is going to bed at 7 so anything much later than 6 would just make bed time difficult. I guess everybody has such different routines though it's difficult to know what to do

I think for me it all depends on whether or not they are having dinner. I always sort a time with the other parent before hand so I'm worrying about when to pick up.

When I was a kid it was always around 6/6:30 that I'd/my friend'd go home.

Edit: I babysit a kid after school and one day she said she wanted to stay longer so I told her to call her mum and check with her - she called her mum and said she's staying til 10 o'clock! Nope!!!

I always arrange pick up time when dropping off. It usually depends on if they are staying for dinner. If they are then it's usually a pick up of 6.30. If not then I'd do 5.30.

My children's friend have dinner then I drop them off at 6.30ish. If I didn't have the car their parents would have to collect them.

If it were me I would just say before I left I will be back to collect him at 5.30. she is probably trying to be polite but not wanting to tell you to come and collect your child. I know I would feel awkward having to do that. Also other families have to get on and get there dinner on etc so I would think 5.30 is fine x

It's usually 6 if we don't know them that well, 6.30 if we know them a bit better and when we have tea with our best friends (which isn't really a play date as both mums are there) we often don't head back until about 7. BUt I would say 6 for a first or second play date and no later than 6.30 as otherwise they are going to be too late getting ready for bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->