After you've had a baby....

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I plan on having 2 kids and in an ideal world, probably before I turn 30 - I'll turn 27 next month (although I change my mind as often as I change my clothes so this may not happen!!!). My plan is not to go back on the pill after I conceive and then I can have a relaxed attitude towards our second little one because I'm sure I'll be in no hurry, so that basically if it happens, it happens and my husband has agreed with this. Although this may change once we have our first. But I really don't want to go through this anxiousness of wondering if I am pregnant all the time.

Just wondering what all of your plans are afterwards and if you've thought about having more after you've had your baby?

same ere im 28 in december HOPIN i will have my first at least b4 im 29,then wot ever happens after then i wont be to fussed,but yeh i wud love two kids, i always thought id of had my kids by 25 ! but things definatley dont wrk out the way u want to sometimes :)

I want four :blush: but as I'm 18 I've got a while to have them lol.

We wont go back to hormonal birth control, just condoms

same ere im 28 in december HOPIN i will have my first at least b4 im 29,then wot ever happens after then i wont be to fussed,but yeh i wud love two kids, i always thought id of had my kids by 25 ! but things definatley dont wrk out the way u want to sometimes :)

I'm exactly the same as you. I always wanted to have kids early but things in life just stop you from doing it. And the nearer it gets to TTC, the more you think "actually, this isn't what I want right now". Our original plan was to start trying for kids straight after we got married in June last year but then we thought we wanted to have some time together on our own as a married couple, so put it off and we were more than happy enough with just our 2 beautiful cats that I absolutely adore!! And now we finally feel ready and I'm really excited about it, except I was really naive to the fact that I thought I'd get pregnant straight away. It's just hard when most of the things you want in life, you can have, you just work a little harder and you can generally buy the things that you want (obviously within reason) but you can't do that with a baby. It takes time and I've just got to learn to be more patient.

And I agree with you Jayleighann, as you are 18, you do have plenty of time to have your 4 kids. My mum was married at 18, had my sister at 19 and my brother at 21. Then she had a huge break between having kids and then had me and my twin brother at 32. I wish I could have been as ready as you when I as 18, but then I didn't meet my husband until I was 19 xxx

I'm stuck with the same dilema, i'm 24 and would love 2 kiddies but at the moment due to money and our house etc we could only really have one but should things change like they sometimes do i wouldnt want to go back to a birth control which could cause me problems like i've had now with depo.
I don't know what to do.

Couldn't you go on the pill? My friend took a while to conceive when she came off Depo.

I think that's a good idea. I'd probably do the same.. or use condoms. But I'll definitely never ever ever go on BCP again!

BCP should come with a disclaimer: 'Oh by the way, It will take you a fekk long time to conceive when you come off these'

I think that's a good idea. I'd probably do the same.. or use condoms. But I'll definitely never ever ever go on BCP again!

BCP should come with a disclaimer: 'Oh by the way, It will take you a fekk long time to conceive when you come off these'

I don't have previous experience of this, I was on Depo a couple of years ago, but only for about 2 months but my friend took 9 months to get pregnant after coming off that!! Don't think I'll be going for that again, and besides, I really love the pill. I hate not knowing exactly when my period is going to come!! Although at the moment, I seriously don't want to see it again for 9 months!!

well i've been off depo for 18 months now and hoping this is the first month I'm going to O thanks to the help of clomid if i hadn't had help god knows where i'd be right now

Well, I have an almost 1 year old who I just weaned a couple of weeks ago. My cycles haven't been regular until my last cycle...and this is our first cycle TTC. We just used the withdrawal method the whole time we weren't TTC while I was breastfeeding Michael, and it worked for us! I hope you get to have your 2 children before 30!

we want a second child and at my age we need to get cracking asap so we'll probably start trying for another soon after the first. So no, no more pill. :D

Definitely no more bcp!!! That thing caused me enough headaches with all of this as it is!:hissy: I just finally had my first real ovulation confirmed for me this cycle:dohh: so I refuse to touch the thing again! After this kiddo we will prolly wait a couple years and then maybe have one more then I'll be done. I want to enjoy my baby(ies). :cloud9:

I've already had one and we are starting to plan for another. She is just about 3 month old and we haven't been trying (yet) nor preventing... I don't really want to go on the pill so we're on a wait and see... I have no idea what is up with my cycle yet as it doesn't seem to be at all regular as I have thought is was coming 3 or 4 times so far and she hasn't made an appearance???

I was on the pill before I had my eldest but decided not to go back on it afterwards. We used condoms but are a bit rubbish with them so have had another two boys since then lol! This time we are actually TTC and if we are successful then I plan on asking to be sterilised during my c-section.

Gemma x

i have also been pondering this dilemma and have now decided i'm going to have the coil fitted. There are two, one which releases hormones and one which doesn't...I'm gonna opt for the one without hormones as then once it's removed (and all they do is tug the string and it's out) then i won't need to worry about waiting for hormones to get out my system and stuff and you don't have to worry about passion killer condoms!

Hiya,

as im older than most of you (38 :blush:) this subject has come and we both decided if im lucky enough to get pg again we will ttc asap after the baby is born. No more birthcontrol for me ever again- short of breastfeeding, but thats not always a 100% :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->