Agave Nectar

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
From what age is it okay? I know you have to wait with honey.. just wondering what it was with agave nectar in baking etc.

From what I'm reading yes it's fine...we use it, we thought it was healthier but I have now, while looking for your answer, found out it's not so healthy! I just found this and am reading more
Agave nectar is advertised as a "diabetic friendly," raw, and a "100% natural sweetener." Yet it is none of these. The purpose of this article is to show you that agave nectar is in reality not a natural sweetener but a highly refined form of fructose, more concentrated than the high fructose corn syrup used in sodas. Refined fructose is not a 'natural' sugar, and countless studies implicate it as a sweetener that will contribute to disease. Therefore, agave nectar is not a health building product, but rather a deceptively marketed form of a highly processed and refined sweetener.

Not sure if your using it because it's "healthier" but that's why we were so I'm sad to see this :( But if you want to read more you can look at these articles...I'm still reading through so not sure if we will use it at all anymore at this point

https://www.naturalnews.com/024892.html

WOW!! Yeah I was planning to use agave rather than sugar cause I was under the impression it was "healthier"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->