Age 1 - full fat milk & vitamins

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Seen some of you mention this but when baby is weaned onto full fat milk rather than infant formula did you babies have extra vits if so which ones?

x

not much help on the vits but nicole went straight into cows milk at 1 and id never heard or been told about extra vits and shes turned out okay?!!!

Neither of mine had extra vitamins
with 3 balanced meals a day she will be fine

Mind you saying that, Jack is a rubbish eater and he is fine

nope never bothered either and I've had a few (all of them in fact :dohh: ) picky eaters :roll: and none of them have had rickets:rofl:

in saying that I have a big tonic bottle in my cupboard which contains vits/iron to build kids up when they've been sick and I'm starting the little ones on it tomorrow in the hope it'll perk them up after they've been so unwell. :(

I was told by my HV to give him extra vits until he was 18-24 months, I started him on them at 11 months, they are called abidec (sp). We always gave Dan extra vits to, he still gets them to this day, only now we get him the omega3 ones. Both my boys are not bad at the eating thing Lol but I still want to make sure they are getting all the vits that they need for their little growing bodies. xx

you dont need extra vits, all they need is a balanced varied diet and full fat milk. I would consider vits only if she was very fussy and would only eat certain things.

I don't remember giving Rachel vitamins, she had a really good diet, homecooked meals all the time. But I noticed in the booklet I got from the HV about weaning it mentioned you should give vitamins until they are 5 years old, I would have thought if they had a balanced diet then they shouldn't need them but things have changed now I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->