Age gap

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I'm currently pregnant with my 1st baby :happydance: and was talking to my mum and sister at the weekend about future plans. The subject of more children came up and I said that I was waiting until this one was 4yrs old until trying for another one (I know it's not born yet, I'm a very organised person. Just call me monica). Both mum and sister were horrified by this decision. I think as my mum had all three of her children quite close (biggest age gap is 2yrs) she can't see why I would leave it so long, DH is 5yrs older than his brother and they get on quite well. My sister has a boy who's nearly 8 and she is planning to start trying in august for number 2 (long story short she had son at 16 split with his dad and had a couple of relationships breakdown since, she has now found her perfect guy and wants to expand their family). Any who! I just wanted to know what age gaps everyone has/would like between children

Me and my brother have 18mths between us and are really close. I started TTC when my son was 6mths old as I wanted my children close together. It didn't work that way though. There is going to be nearly 3 years between them.

I didn't want to leave it too late as I have a bad eye condition that may leave me blind before I was 30 so I wanted to see my kids grow up for aslong as possible. And second reason is once they reach 3-4 you're pretty much out of nappies and bottles etc so I wouldn't want to get to the stage where my child is independant and life gets a little easier to going back to 4hrly feeds and hourly nappy changes some days! I'd might aswell do it all at once. My son doesn't have any bottles, but still isn't potty trained. He tells me AFTER he'd done it.

hi ihave 3 girls 11,8 and 7 so 3 years gap between 1 and 2 and 17 months gap between 2 and 3 and there will be almost 8 years between 3 and 4 its all a matter of my kids just came along as and when never really thought about the gap all a matter of personal choice i think take carex

4.5 years between me and my brother. and we get on fine!!
I also would like to wait atleast 3 years. I want to enjoy this baby before I get sick and have another one to look after! Ideally I'd like one almost at school. or atleast able to dress himself and feed himself before baby no 2 pops out.

mostly i want to be able to enjoy my children, so to do this i want it to be as stress free as possible for me!!

My children are 2 years, or as close to 2 years apart in age.

My husband comes from quite a large spanish/italian family and we wanted to start one of our own (I was 3 months pregnant with our oldest when we married 9 years ago).

He is one of 8 siblings, who have 2 years apart between them (he is 42 and his oldest brother is 56).

I'm 33 and have got my 3 sisters and 1 brother, who are 30, 36, 39 and 42 so a 3 year gap between.

There is a short age gap (21 months) between me and my sister and we fight like nobodies business. However, me and my brother are 16 years apart and we get on really well.

I'm going to wait ages before my second because I'm so young. 4-6 years probably. That's just what's right for me and hopefully my children will be relaxed about that because I am. I'm not in a rush for baby number 2, although there will be one.

I have a son who will be 20 years old this May and i am pregnant again now.

Hows that for an age gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a nice age gap. My brother is 18 years older than my younger sister.

there is 2 1/2 years between me and my brother and we are best of friends so i think id like pretty much the same gap between my kids x
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

My daughter is 6 and my son is almost 5....they are 18 months apart. They are very close and protective of each other.

When my baby is born he will be 5 years younger than my son and 6 1/2 years younger than my daughter.

My daughter will be 16by the time i have bump and my son will be 12

I plan on spacing out my LO's. My brother and I are 4 years apart and it was great to have someone to take me to a friends and hang out with. Also my OH and his brothers are spaced out by 4-5 years. They get along really well and love to hang out. So since it worked out for our parents well I want to do the same. Plus my mom said it was nice to get her alone time with each child.

My brother turns 8 10 days before I turn 22. Theres almost a 14 year age gap between us. My other brother is 19 this month, so thats only like 2-3 yrs. I get on well with both my brothers. The older one and I never used to get on, I used to hate him, but Ive always got on quite well with the youngest. Im more like an 'auntie' than a sister.

xxx

I have no idea what age gap I want. DH's family keeps asking me when we are having the second :wacko: and I always tell them that we'd like to spend time enjoying this baby first.

Should mention that I have 3 sisters all 20 + years older than me and a brother who is 5 years older than me!

there is 2 1/2 years between me and my brother and we are best of friends so i think id like pretty much the same gap between my kids x
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thats the same age gap as my sister and me and we dont get on all that well, some would say we are like chalk and cheese!

I'm 12 years older than my youngest brother and we're as close as anything so I don't really think an age difference matters.

Also, my DH has two daughters from a previous marriage so there will be a 22 and 23 year age gap between them and this LO.

my older sister is 19, im 17, my brother is 15 and my little sis is 9. when we were younger, me and my brother and sister would get on so well. now that were all teenagers (apart from the LO) we are not close at all, we always fight. but, we all get along well with my little sis. i think the bigger the age gap, the closer siblings are because the closer their age, the more they seem to clash

My OH was quite taken with the idea of trying agan straight away so they could be in the same school year (I think it was more the challenge than the practicalities).

I'd like to have a 2 year age gap - as I hope that it will mean they will be closer as they grow up and will mean less disruption to my career (selfish reason I know).

But, I'd also like to marry my OH and weddings cost a bit (and so do babies) so it might mean saving up to get married in like 2010 ... and that way the LO could be a bridesmaid or pageboy. Then maybe we could start trying again.

I was thinking of waiting til this one is about 9 months then trying, so this one would be 18 months when the next is born, assuming it all goes to plan.

Have to wait n see how I cope with one, never mind two lol. :rofl:

This is my first go at all this, but as I´m 33 and my DH is 48, I feel that my body clock is ticking away........

ideally id want their to be no more than 3yrs... that would be the case if i'd planned my pregnancy so at the min im looking at atleast 4-5 as i start uni next march so i want to be qualified, find a job and work there for over a year before i start trying for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->