Agnus cactus / vitex

Melissa x

Reaction score
Hi I posted a thread asking for advice on my
Cycles but not seeming to get replies so thought I reword! Can anyone tell
Me more about agnis cactus ( might be spelt wrong), I've heard it mentioned but don't no what it is? Is it the same as vitex? Not that I no what that does either!
Hoping it helps with cycles as I ovulate on cd19 and start spotting from
Around cd24 and then gets heavier till cd34 when I get a 7 day af! I've had
Bloods done and doctor says progesterone is ok and I ovulated but what can I do to stop spotting? And hopefully increase chances of getting pregnant! Thank you!

I dont know much about them im afraid but I have read vitamin b6 helps to lengthen your luteal phase if that is an issue xx

It really helped me, my sept cycle was 38 days with ov around cd 19ish. Started agnus castus on cd 1 oct cycle, I ov on cd 13 and had a nice 27 day cycle. I'm pretty sure its the same as vitex. This is my 2nd cycle taking it now so hopefully will be a good one too, but just had hsg and heard that can mess with your cycles too so will have to keep you posted! :thumbup:

Hope this helps :flower:

Hi,

Yep Vitex is Agnus Castus. It's called Vitex Agnus Castus. Some people also refer to it as Chasteberry.

It is a herb that helps regulate hormones. It is good because it doesn't act as hormone itself but works on the pituitary gland to help regulate the other glands and therefore hormone production. So it's good to take whether you are oestrogen or progesterone dependant.

It is very beneficial for irregular cycles. It is best taken in tincture form as it acts quickest and is more effective. It comes in varying strength. 1:1 being strongest. If you have 1:1 or 1:2 then 20 drops in water or tea each morning is enough. If 1:3 or 1:4 do 30 drops.

It can be taken ALL cycle long until you get your BFP. It can not be taken during pregnancy so stop when you get your BFP. It will not harm the baby early on so as long as you are testing around 14dpo that is fine. Ignore other info about only taking from AF to Ovulation or even just ovulation to AF/BFP.

I started taking it along with 100mg B Complex and I've had a +OPK today on CD11. Last cycle I Ov'd CD27! Vitex usually takes upto 3 months show it's affects so I not sure if I can attribute it to the vitex but everything I have read has been good.

Just ask if you have any other questions. I'll try to answer.

Good luck.

Thank you both so much! You have been very helpful
And it sounds great so I'm going to give it a go! Sorry if this sounds stupid but what is a hsg Jem? Also u bean can u get the drop form
From
Holland and barrat or is there somewhere else you get it? Thanks x

No problem. Yes you should be able to get from H&B or other good health shop. Or you can get it online, try Baldwins. I'm presuming you are in the UK.

Try and get the tincture if you can. 1:1 or 1:2 is best.

Good luck!

Thank you! I just came
Across baldwins. Good luck to you ttc! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh