Agnus castus

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
Is there a specific amount of time to try before taking agnus castus? We used epo last time so might get some in town today. I've just finished a 41 day cycle and wonder if A C might help regulate it this cycle. Can it cause problems if you don't need it? How much do you take?

Well it takes 3 months to build up enough in your system as it's a herbal extract not a drug, so think three months ahead.

I'm of the ilk, it's not going to damage you, so try and see. Stop if you don't like it. I've started taking it and noticed definite physical differences in my body, not so much with my cycle.

It may be coincidence, but my areola are bigger, my boobs fuller (I thought these were symptoms last month but got AF! And they never went away), so can only assume I have produced more progesterone, which is great. I have been moody though just seems to be settling down. Also had lots of cm this month, which again I feel is good as wasn't getting much (still only ever seen the elusive egg white cm once ever, but hey, you never know).

I also just started taking maca root, which you might want to read about. Boyfriend takes this too :) they are meant to be ok to take with vitex, I've tried to read up!

Will just see what happens.....

I started taking agnus castus this cycle and ovulated on cd18. Last cycle I ovulated on cd22 so cd18 feels loads better!
I also noticed a definite jump in temp - I'm 1dpo today and temp has gone from 35.80 yesterday to 36.72 today whereas last cycle my temp on ovulation day was 35.91 and 1dpo was 36.10. I'm also taking vitamin b complex to hopefully lengthen my luteal phase as I think it's only 10 days at the moment which isn't ideal.

My cycles were very irregular between 30-70 days, I have PCOS. I had been trying for months before I started taking AC in August.
I got pregnant around October but miscarried and started taking it after that and have ovulated twice since - January and February. I am in my TWW now.

I feel it definitely worked for me but they do say it takes around 3-6 months to get in your system.

Good luck Hun xx

Agnus Castus balances hormones and it's not a mimicker like soy and some other supplements so it's pretty safe even if your cycle is normal (but it is powerful!). I had very long cycles with short luteal phases and sometimes I didn't ovulate at all:wacko: The first cycle I took AC I got ewcm and O spotting for the first time on cd 14! I was so surprised I assumed it was some other issue and almost stopped taking it but took an opk on a whim and bam there were 2 lines!

It can take a few cycles for some ladies but if you chart your bbt (highly recommended especially if you are going to take a fertility supplement) expect some changes and fluctuations you aren't used to seeing straight away. Good luck!

I'm probably going to stick to just dtd and using persona this month and it's another long one I'll take AC next cycle. Thanks for the replies x don't want to stress about it too soon

Is there a time during your cycle you should start taking it? I have just ordered some and I think I ovulated yesterday (still getting to grips with this tracking) so should I wait until AF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->