ahhh Matthew has Croup.......AGAIN!

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Well my boy has been a picture of health now for bout 6 weeks :happydance: which is a big break from sickness as he picks up EVERYTHING....... but MIL jinxed it by saying 'oh he's not been ill in a while' :dohh: and now he has Croup again! He has the DR at 2.50pm today to hopefully get the steriods again but unsure if they will give him then as had Croup at end of January. Poor wee guy is barking like a dog and the stridor he has while sleeping sounds really scary.

Infection wise he has had numeous viral infections, bronchialitus, croup (twice now) and still say he does not need RSV jags!! I think Im going to insist that next RSV season he gets them as he has been ill practically all winter with one respiratory infection after another!

Rant over.....SO, how is everyone else:flower:? xx

Poor Matthew. I guess we have been really lucky as all Molly has had since she was born is two colds. Hopefully he's just getting it all now and will be fine next winter :hugs:.

Well my boy has been a picture of health now for bout 6 weeks :happydance: which is a big break from sickness as he picks up EVERYTHING....... but MIL jinxed it by saying 'oh he's not been ill in a while' :dohh: and now he has Croup again! He has the DR at 2.50pm today to hopefully get the steriods again but unsure if they will give him then as had Croup at end of January. Poor wee guy is barking like a dog and the stridor he has while sleeping sounds really scary.

Infection wise he has had numeous viral infections, bronchialitus, croup (twice now) and still say he does not need RSV jags!! I think Im going to insist that next RSV season he gets them as he has been ill practically all winter with one respiratory infection after another!

Rant over.....SO, how is everyone else:flower:? xx

Hi love. Sorry to hear about your poorly boy - it's a nightmare when they pick up one bug after another, especially when they're preemies :hugs:

I have to say though that many "term" babies have cold after cold, with chest infections at this age regardless of their gestation. Some kids are chesty, some aren't. One thing is guaranteed, they grow out of it, and build a strong immune system like any other child - unfortunately it's just the first 2 years that can be rough.

I'm sure you already know about "steaming" him when he gets croupy, but if not it works really well. Shut the two of you into a shower/bath room and turn on the hot water full blast til the whole room fills with steam. It works wonders - I used to do it for my 2 when they just had colds and it really helped to clear everything.

As for RSV, they'll won't give it now. We got it, but only because Evie fulfilled some very strict and frankly ridiculous criteria - she was born at less than 25wks, and was on oxygen at home! It is so expensive, they won't give it out for anything less - usual NHS :growlmad: Each health authority only gives it to 2 or 3 babies each year. We weren't allowed it for her second year.

THe good news is, that if your little one has already had it - he will now have immunity. Chances are he won't get it again, and if he did it would be mild.

The little lamb is getting stronger every day, and very soon all this illness will be a long distant memory hun. Hugs to you both :hugs:

There do seem to be a lot of bugs around at the moment. Charlotte seems to have been ill with one thing after another for a couple of months now.

Poor Matthew and poor you too. It's so awful when they're ill.

Sorry to hear about Matthew, poor dear. I hope he gets better soon. Emily has a cough so sounds like she is smoking 100 a day...there is alot of bugs about at the moment...
Big hugs x

Awww poor wee sole. I know how you feel. Give him a big bug free hug from the Robertsons! XXXXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->