• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aiming for home water birth, due 6th of June

Ah.. well you know for next time at least that if things are progressing then an internal is not helpful for you.

Yes I'm planning on delivering the placenta on my settee too, I better get some waterproof covers for things :haha: It sounds okay really, lying on the sofa and having baby on my chest while we wait for the placenta, I'm happy with that plan.

Eee I'm drinking the tea :) Most days since 32 weeks, I'll try and get more regular with it after 36 weeks I think. How much did you drink?

Where are you in your pregnancy now Sezz? How are you feeling? :)

Ah.. well you know for next time at least that if things are progressing then an internal is not helpful for you.

Yes I'm planning on delivering the placenta on my settee too, I better get some waterproof covers for things :haha: It sounds okay really, lying on the sofa and having baby on my chest while we wait for the placenta, I'm happy with that plan.

Eee I'm drinking the tea :) Most days since 32 weeks, I'll try and get more regular with it after 36 weeks I think. How much did you drink?

Where are you in your pregnancy now Sezz? How are you feeling? :)

I started drinking it around 36 weeks I think. I didn't like it hot so I made up a jug a day and popped in it the fridge. Probably had 3 or 4 cups a day towards the end. Also bounced on my exercise ball for 20 minutes every day towards the end.

Asda basics shower curtains are good waterproof covers and cheap 😄

I'm only about 6 weeks pregnant. Took 6 months with DS but this time I caught on the first go lol. Exciting times 😊

We are finally settled into our new place, just waiting for daddy to arrive next week then we can start hoping baby arrives!!

I drank rlt a lot in the beginning of this pregnancy but Ive stopped now that I want her to stay in till daddy arrives. I know it doesnt induce labor but it just makes me paranoid :dohh: I also have not started any evening primrose oil. Midwife on Monday said she still feels pretty high up so thats good!...for now :haha:

I have thought about asking not to get checked during birth but I think I need that motivation and relief in knowing..okay Im really close.

My boys have been uninvited to the birth!! They have been such a handful lately even with someone watching them here at home I think It will just be too much of a distraction. Im kind of sad as Dominic was there when Anthony was born and it was great. But I have to have a peaceful calm setting and they are far from that! Hopefully my mom makes it in time to take them out or to a hotel or something.

Have any of you ladies ever had your placenta encapsulated?

Sezz - So wonderful you caught first time, no disappointment for you! Thanks for the advice about the shower curtains, good call :thumbup:

Daddiesgift - I'm assuming partner is back home now? How are things going?
Totally understand about the boys, I bet they get each other much more excited than when it was just one child and you need a calm space, they can both come together very soon after and see the baby and it will be magic :)

We had our last growth scan today, baby girl is measuring perfectly average and estimated a lovely 6lbs 11oz currently :cloud9: and everything else looks healthy, she's head down too. So it's all go for the home birth! Soo chuffed that they didn't find any issues to be weighing on my mind, I can just relax and wait for her.

I've had strong braxton hicks when walking and feeling some period like cramps since saturday, also strange feelings in my cervix so feels like she is moving down and things are starting to loosen and stretch. So ready for this!

How are you ladies doing?? XX

OH has made it here! Weve just spent time together and enjoyed exploring the area. No signs of baby coming for me :(

Owwwwhhhh wish I was expecting again lol! Enjoy this bit ladies! I miss the excitement of meeting your baby for the first time at home. Here if anyone wants to chat. Had a lovely home water birth with my son and a hospital water birth with my daughter x

Just thought I'd come back and update I never got my homebirth as I had to be induced 2 weeks overdue, he was not coming out on his own. I did get a water birth though which was absolutely amazing, considering I didn't have a pool at home I'm glad the way it turned out. Good luck all xx

Ah I'm sorry you went so over but so wonderful to hear your birth was great, I'm really pleased :) I hope you have a beautiful time with your new squidgy bundle <3

Congrats MissR.

I did get my home birth. Dominic was born yesterday at 38+3. No pain relief.

Hope the rest of you ladies get the birth you want.

Redbutterfly - soo happy for you, I hope it's all going well :)

Daddiesgift - Aw bless you.. how are you feeling? I hope you're not waiting too much longer <3

AFM - I thought I was in early labour last night, was getting mild contractions but they eventually tailed off and I could sleep. Feeling so sicky and just not right today, my midwife is coming to do my appointment today instead for reassurance.
I'm hoping it means I won't be waiting much longer, if I was feeling normal I wouln't mind but I feel like I'm on the edge so I want it to start you know, if she is fully cooked any way :)

Scarlett Anneliese was born at home may 28th at 3:29 am. Weighing 9 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long! :)

Awww woohooo! :happydance:I'm so happy for you, thanks for updating. I hope it was a magic experience and have lovely early days with your newly grown family <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->