Alcohol during 2 week wait.....

Allym0101

TTC # 1 after 3 loses
Reaction score
Wanted to get your opinion girls.....
What's your views on drinking during the 2WW??

I will admit that I do have a few drinks every weekend. With all the stress of my job during the week and the constant battle ttc I find that a few glasses of wine is just what I need.

What do you think? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I think that life cannot be put on hold while we wait. I've gone through many thought processes and I always come up with the same thing, what will be, will be! Having a few cheeky glasses of wine isn't going to hurt you and might even help you to relax x

For me personally I dont drink during the TWW in fact I have not been drinking at all while TTCAL. I used to have a glass of wine occasionaly if I knew I wasn't pregnant so pretty much when I got my period and obviously didn't touch anything while pregnant but after lossing my baby I decided to cut it out all together.

:flower:

Personally I won't be when I'm in the TTW, just in case I did conceive I'd be making my self sick with worry. Just would save me the hassle from worrying I guess xxx

nothing passes through to the baby for the first 2 weeks, i know this as my doc told me this when i fell pregnant with my first child tyler as i was still taking the contraceptive pill as he wasn't planned and i was worried it would harm him, the egg is just implanting and is a bunch of cells that feeds off the yolk and not the placenta for the first 2 - 4 weeks so after 2 weeks then it's different so i always carry on as normal in the 2ww xxxx

Thanks for the replies girls. It's interesting to see the different opinions from you lot.
If I'm totally honest (I don't wanna sound like an alco but....) I think I will probably carry on having a few glasses at the weekends. Obviously though, the second I suspect that I might be pregnant I will cut it out totally.

I just find the whole TTC process very stressful, especially cos I've suffered 3 losses already. I live for the weekends and look forward to saturday nights cuddled up on the sofa with the puppy, the other half and a bottle of wine. It seems to be the only down time or relaxing time that I have.

I hope none of you think I'm being extremely selfish by doing this. If I thought that it really made a huge difference in ttc I would cut it out. But I feel like if I didn't have my relaxing night at the weekend I would go totally insane.

xoxo

I must admit ever since our miscarriages I have been drinking a LOT. Mainly because I am so devastated and it makes me feel better.

We've started TTCing again so i've just said that in the 2WW for the next fortnight I will only have a couple of glasses of wine maybe over the weekend.

So my plan is not to get completely battered and do shots and stuff every weekend, but a couple of glasses of vino with my husband on a saturday night won't do any harm!

Thanks pr girl. Glad you know how I'm feeling and I'm not the only one.
Hope we get our bfp's very soon.
:dust: xoxo

I'm with you AllyM! I think it all depends on the type of person you are and what you are used to. I also have a stressful job and look forward to a few drinks at the weekend. When I have tried to NOT have a drink, it makes me feel more stressed, which would be worse in the 2ww, so I think as it would do you no harm, and like prgirl said, it's not like we're getting really hammered every night. Don't be made to feel guilty and just enjoy your life - like you said this is stressful enough time as it is!

Thanks summerbreeze. You girls really help put my mind at ease xoxo

Thanks pr girl. Glad you know how I'm feeling and I'm not the only one.
Hope we get our bfp's very soon.
:dust: xoxo

I hope so too hun. My mum 'had a word' with me on Sunday about my drinking because I was drunk and it would do me harm now we're trying again. But it was my husband's birthday party!!!! If I don't feel guilty enough for losing my babies, now I have to feel guilty that if I lose another one it's because I drank when TTC!! :roll:

I wouldn't worry about it. Look at the amount of girls out there who are out partying every weekend, drinking their body weight in alcohol and getting pregnant after a one night stand. Then there are those unplanned or unwanted babies who's mum drinks the whole way through the pregnancy. I think if drinking alcohol before you realised you were pregnant was very dangerous for the pregnancy - there would be A LOT less babies out there.
In the grand scheme of things, I honestly think a few glasses of wine at the weekend won't do us any harm. It helps us to de-stress and remember that stress is bad in the early stages of pregnancy as well. xoxo

I've boozed my way through the last month to cheer myself up, and I've got to say I'm feeling a lot better and ready to focus again.

Went to Glastonbury at the last minute, totally overindulged and just come back from a 1 week hol, where I also drank and smoked.

I decided not to try this month though, as I knew I was being really unhealthy and that I would blame myself if I got pg and it went wrong again.

From Monday, I'm cutting right back on the fags (possibly trying to give up again) and going to try and cut down to a few glasses of wine on weekends. My husband is also joining me on this, so we can do it together.

The Doctor told me that it was fine to continue drinking a few glasses whilst ttc, and I found that when I cut down totally I was stressed to hell.

I suppose it's about finding a healthy balance :winkwink:

I've gone back and forth on this a lot but ultimately I agree that you can't put your life on hold during TTC. If have a glass of wine is what you enjoy and you're not stupidly excessive about it, then I think it is fine to continue. That is what I am doing. When you have put everything on hold and it takes a while to get your BFP, like it did for me the first time, it makes TTC feel like punishment or something!

I agree and will be trying to relax during the 2ww and if that involves a wee vino or 2 then so be it!! After 3mmc (and 5 surgeries) where I did everything from stopping coffee, alcohol, certain foods, to not even wearing nail polish I'm in a place where I think if its meant to be it will....I think its only after you've been on this journey for a while that you gain more knowledge and stop blaming youself, I remember being so anal about things after the 1st mc and then finding a medical reason for my 3 mmc so obviously my experiences have made me relax a bit. I obviously will do all I can that is right but I'm not prepared to put my life on hold any longer - as had been said the implantation etc....only takes place during the 2ww so if you have a few drinks it shouldn't do any harm. :hugs:

I usually dont drink in the 2ww.

I drink coffee, I'll quit it out once I see the bfp :thumbup:

I agree and will be trying to relax during the 2ww and if that involves a wee vino or 2 then so be it!! After 3mmc (and 5 surgeries) where I did everything from stopping coffee, alcohol, certain foods, to not even wearing nail polish I'm in a place where I think if its meant to be it will....I think its only after you've been on this journey for a while that you gain more knowledge and stop blaming youself, I remember being so anal about things after the 1st mc and then finding a medical reason for my 3 mmc so obviously my experiences have made me relax a bit. I obviously will do all I can that is right but I'm not prepared to put my life on hold any longer - as had been said the implantation etc....only takes place during the 2ww so if you have a few drinks it shouldn't do any harm. :hugs:

I 100% agree with you. I did everything right in all my losses and it didn't make any difference. I have learned not to put my life on hold and if I want to have a few drinks during the TWW I will. Now, obviously that will change when I get another BFP.

I have a odd drink but can't manage any more than that as it's in back of my mind there may be a lil bean in there.
I also have cut down alot on caffeine over last 2 month. Drank no caffeine whilst pregnant over the last month (was so proud of myself)
Just having the odd one now, otherwise decaff as didn't want to ruin how good I had been :blush:

When I first started TTC I cut out everything, tea/coffee/alcohol/painkillers, then with my second last pregnancy, I didn't know I was pregnant (I was only 10dpo anyways) and got VERY drunk on St Patricks Day, and still lost the baby, so I dont think it makes that much difference, like many people said, alot of girls who aren't ttc are pregnant and dont even know and continue smoking and drinking until about 8 weeks when they realise they've missed a period.

Personally, I blamed the alcohol on my last loss, but its highly unlinkely that that was the cause! I also got a tattoo at 2dpo and blamed that, I think we blame everything! So, have a few drinks, as long as you aren't drinking til you can't stand, you should be fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->