Alcohol During the Two Week Wait

ajarvis

Reaction score
Curious who all avoids booze during the TWW?

Who takes an approach of I don't want to put my life on hold so life as normal?

Who limits, but not bans?

Just a curiosity question really.

I limit personally but don't ban it. I will still have a couple glasses of wine or a couple vodka and diet coke for example. But won't get crazy drunk ha.

I did a test before a weekend away, around the time AF was due. It was neg so I got quite drunk that weekend! Turns out I was pregnant after all! No harm came of it so I wouldn't be too worried.

I used to always drink as normal and did do when ttc for DD (a few glasses of wine a week). A few weeks ago though, I was reading up about drinking in the TWW (if you google 'alcohol and implantation', and there have been quite a few studies to say that alcohol can prevent proper implantation. One of the studies was of a number of women, some of whom drank in the TWW and others that didn't and the ones that did drink didn't have as much chance of a successful pregnancy. So after reading that's, I decided to stop drinking during the TWW.

I always cut out alcohol during the TWW.

I did the google that you said there and found only one link siting studies, and so many other just opinions. With DS #1, 2 I was drinking the ex was. up until the positive HPT. We'll see. I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I was curious cause of a conversation I overheard at work. I didn't realize people actively stopped drinking during ttc.

I only have a drink or two during my period or a couple days after, say up to CD8. From what I have read and based on when the placenta is formed, I think it sounds safe to drink the entire cycle, but I would rather be cautious. I am also trying to live a lifestyle to what I would if I was pregnant, ie. healthier eating, no alcohol, not being around smokers, that way when it happens, it is an easier transition and with no oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->