Aldi recomendations

I hated Aldi for a long time until my Mum took me in, and now I'm converted! I LOVE Aldi nappies, such good value! The meat and fruit is good too. And white chocolate bubbly bars! It tastes exactly like milkybar but better! Oh and the biscuits, and the curry sauces with a spice pot with them, it's all good really!!

Wipes are faba nd most things tbh. I don't shop their often as it isn't close enough. Bought some toothpaste that is fab for only 79p!

Black bean cooking sauce is lush!! Not as salty as some of the main brands/takeaways,
Red pesto is also nice.

I used to live really near an Aldi, I saved so much money shopping there! Their seeded sliced bread is really good. Also their humous and frozen lemon sole goujons, you can get lemon or lime flavoured onces and they are sooooooo good!

Would just like to make a point about their F+V- it goes off a lot quicker than other supermarkets I find- especially soft fruits and veg. Things like peppers and onions are fine to buy weekly- but for fruit and veg I would do that as 2/3 times a week thing or you will find you get a lot of wastage. I find it still works out cheaper than buying in tesco etc- I suppose it would last longer if you keep everything refrigerated but I leave them in vegetable baskets.

The only things I don't rate from ALDI is the cleaning products- they are a lot "thinner" then leading brands so you have to use more meaning that is cheaper to just buy the leading brands. Not to mention you can get many leading brands from the likes of B+M etc. The bin bags aren't fantastic either but i'm used to using industrial ones so maybe that is why.

Wipes are faba nd most things tbh. I don't shop their often as it isn't close enough. Bought some toothpaste that is fab for only 79p!

I think the toothpaste is gross too :sick: it just tastes of baking soda- no mintiness at all :sick:

I don't think there is one thing from the shopping we brought that we don't like :) mmm.... would deffo recommend the garlic dough balls they were amazing we had them last night x

I think it depends on the store as we buy all our fruit and veg from Aldi and it lasts ages. But then we keep all of our fruit and veg in the fridge, other than potatoes!
The bread from our local store is just nasty it smells like its mouldy and doesn't last at all, but I think that's just how it is stored before they put it on the shop floor. Their cream is much cheaper (by about 50p) than in asda and well it's just cream, same goes for butter.
Also love their baby wipes!

Ohhhh I love their dark chocolate, 70% coco. It's so nice and smooth, not bitter at all. When you go to eat "normal" chocolate it tastes all synthetic and bleurgh!

their nappies are fab! :thumbup: not keen on their wipes though, as someone else said they're not as wet as other brands. :flower:

The chocolate and the nappies are amazing and I don't know about over there, but over here they always have great specials every week. Everything at aldi seems to be of good quality. Although the curry paste was a little bland for us x

I love pretty much everything from there but these are some of my favourites:

Mamia nappies
Soft cheese
Fair trade coffee
Frozen salmon

They do a 'super six' each week where 6 different fruit and veg are reduced to 49p each.

Just done our aldi shop today and they had 30% of kingmill bread making it 69p! I love aldi so simple and easy grab what you need and that's it none of the decision making that comes with choosing between 15 different apples ect.

Second shop this week there love it!! The only thing I don't like is how fast they are at scanning everything and how quick you have to be putting it all in the trolley sends me into a tizz :haha:

Their thick and creamy yogurts are delicious only about 27p each! I love them! They are do a rhubarb and strawberry crumble tart which is amazing and the wine is fab! I just wish it was closer! X

Try Lidl too if you've one near by. We alternate between there and Aldi now. Their 1/2 price weekend offers are brilliant, weekend just gone a jar of sweet and sour was 30p, microwave rice 39p, red peppers 40p and a pack of turkey steaks was £1.49!

Nappies..... I used to turn my nose up at Aldi/Lidl, but my ex MIL kept telling me to buy nappies from Aldi cos they are so cheap, to me cheap meant nasty.... One day to shut her up I tried them, I never bought Pampers again, they are better IMO than pampers active fit, which I bought till I finally tried Mamia, just gutted that I didnt try them till LO was 2, I will be buying them earlier this time around

The Bratwurst from Aldi is amazing!

We've stocked up on nappies - we've heard they are great.

I find their fruit and veg lasts loads longer than Asda's. There isnt really much I dont like (maybe beans, but thats cause Im fussy!)

The chocolate brioche is also lush!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->