ald's - get fit for IVF Journal

ald

TTC for a very long time!
Reaction score
A bit of background about me first:

My dh and I have been TTC for 23 months now and never had a :bfp:. My dh has 10% sperm motility and I have PCOS so with this combintion we have been referred for IVF, with our first appt expected to be January.

Due to my PCOS I am overweight and desperatly trying to lose it prior to our appointment. I have already lost 1 stone but need to lose at least another stone :cry:

Tonight I joined weightwatchers online (can't go to meetings due to living in Germany) and going to "weigh in" every Wednesday. I am going to try and keep this journal up to date as much as possible and hope I get some support and help along the way :flower:

Tomorrow morning I'm off to the gym with dh (we both have the day off work) so will let you know how that goes. Also ordered the "walk with me" for my DS to see how many steps I take and try to challange myself to up my walking.

So, I guess this is day 1 of a long road, which will hopefully end with mebng a suitable weight for IVF.

Good luck! I'm doing Weight Watchers for the same reasons

Why can't you go to WW meetings in Germany? I used to go to meetings there...

Good luck! I'm doing Weight Watchers for the same reasons

Why can't you go to WW meetings in Germany? I used to go to meetings there...

How are you finding it? Any tips for success?

I'm on a military camp out here, and don't drive off camp! Plus dont speak the lanuage so wouldnt have a clue what they are on about lol

Well gym done this morning, only 30 minutes but better then nothing. I have learnt a major lesson though - must eat before exercise - because today I felt soooo sick afterwards, have had a pear now. Don't want too much because I havent been shopping yet to get no point foods and off out for a meal tonight.

Off shopping shortly :)

Well went out for a meal last night, and I'm not kidding you when I say there wasnt a single healthy thing on the menu. So I didnt have a starter and have beef with onions ontop with chips to the side. I only had half the chips though. Then didnt have a desert, so did as well as I could. Plus I had water and diet coke to drink.

Today I havent had much to eat yet, just some fruit. Because I was trying to save my points to use up some cheese in the fridge (I will buy a low fat one next time), so tonight I'm having jacket potatoe, small amount of cheese and beans, with a salad alongside. Also been trying to increase my water intake by having it with squash to give it some more taste.

Yesterday was weigh in day, and I was 2lb lighter, I know this is just water loss and not weight butI was please with it.

I am being very careful what I eat now, dh is thinking I'm not eating enough to survive but I just say that if he wants us to have IVF then sacfices need to be made. I drink loads of water to fill me up as well though.

Had carrot sticks for breakfast, jacobs crackers and philli light for lunch and then will have porriage with skimmed milk and 3 slices of toast for dinner tonight.

Also ogt my Walk with me ds thinky through the post, so in a race with dh on who can walk the furtherest lol

Had carrot sticks for breakfast, jacobs crackers and philli light for lunch and then will have porriage with skimmed milk and 3 slices of toast for dinner tonight.

How many points is this? It doesn't sound like a lot...

How many points is this? It doesn't sound like a lot...

It is 12.5 points plus 1 bite of dh pizza lol. I know it isn't enough but feel like it has to be all or nothing to start with, to get my head into this diet lol

The book says:
"even if your total adds up to less than 16, your daily points allowance should be no lower than 16"

I know you're allowed to 'save' up to 4 points a day, but you're still supposed to eat them within your weigh-in week.

Apparently losses will be bigger when eating all your points.
I couldn't manage on 12.5 Points...I'm allowed 23 a day ;-)

Quick update before I go to work, I lost 1 pound this week, woo hoo xxx

Well I'm back after my holiday - spent last week at Disneyland Paris and loved it but ate mainly junk food and put on 3lb which is a bugger. Had a really busy weekend with xmas ball and cooking a roast yesterday for our neighbours so just back on today.

It is with very much sadness to say I have now offically given up TTC naturally, I just can not take the heart break anymore, every month my heart was shattered. So now I am going to concentrate on getting fit so I can start IVF in the new year.

My dh and I are going to really hit the gym and fitness and healthy eating to try and get the weight off (which is never going to be that easy with PCOS) but we have to do it to be able to start our new journey.

So off to the gym I go shortly, and them 3lb are coming back off!

xxx

Last week (wednesday) I lost 2lb so really chuffed with that. I have now come down with suspected swine flu (not surprising as I work at a medical centre) so have no apertite at all at the moment.

I went to the gym on monday but since then have been to ill to go.

Oh I have also given my notice in at work so 5th jan will bemy last day, then I am going to be a house wife. My job was sooooo stressful and no support from management and my dh and I talked about it and decided I souldnt be sooo stressed out on the approach to IVF treatment so it is best for me to give the job up. Which means I can go to the gym daily and enjoy more time with my puppy, do some courses etc and mainly live stressfree. We are in a very fortunate situation that we can tighten our purse strings and cope with just dh wage so that is what we will do.

xxx

Hi :hi: hun, its been a while but I found you! Your doing great on the weight loss so far and I love your idea about giving up work since they were not supportive and it was stressful. As we all know, stress doesn't help you when ttc. My work is also stressful and unsupportive, the ONLY reason I'm hanging in there for maternity leave! Do you have a LTTTC journal or only this one?

Hope you have a great new year and may ALL your dreams and wishes come true xoxo, you are in my thoughts :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->