Aleena Jayde - Homebirth

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
Our beautiful daughter Aleena Jayde was born at home in the birthing pool as we had planned for.

Labor was 26 hours but only 25 minutes of pushing.

It all started Wednesday morning , I was 41 weeks pregnant but according to the midwives office 40+6.
We had an appointment that morning for our regular checkup.
I woke up and peed and found mucus plug on my toilet paper, after I stood up the cramps started (contractions) but were just really uncomfortable rather than painful.
I knew this was the start though.
Arrived at the midwife at 11am , she checked me and was disappointed to find me only 1cm dilated , 30% effaced and quite hard. I had been this way since 37 weeks.. But baby was already +1 station so that was positive.
She gave me a homeopathic medicine called Bella Donna to ripen my cervix, they're tiny tiny pills, I had to put 2 or 3 of them in my water bottles that day so that's what I did with every bottle I drank.

The day went on. contractions got more painful and at 10pm I decided to time my contractions, they were regulAr about 3 minutes apart.
Decided to call the midwife and she came to our house to check me.
Still only 1cm dilated but the Bella Donna did it's job.. Cervix mushy and 90% effaced! She left and said she would come check me in the morning around 8am.

That night was horrible, my contractions got really painful. I couldn't lay in bed as it was too painful to lay down. So instead I sat on my exercise ball all throughout the night, breathing through each very painful contractions.
I thought to myself, if this was early labor then how am I ever going to handle active labor??
I let my husband sleep through the night as there wasn't anything he could do and I knew that our baby would come soon sink wanted him to be rested.

At around 8am the midwife came to check me. 3cm dilated and 100% effaced.
She also pulled out more mucus plug and bloody show. Said she would be back end of the day to check.
We tried to sleep some more but I couldn't sleep so we decided to get up. At around 11.
That morning is kind of a blur to me now, my contractions were very painful and I tried so hard to breathe through them but it was so hard as they were so painful and the breathing out seemed to make it worse.
2pm , I can't sit on my ball nomore or sit anywhere for that matter. I'm leaning on the kitchen counter as my husband rubbed my back in one particular spot. That muscle would buldge and he could actually grab it during contractions which made the pain a little more bareable. I was moaning through contractions , didn't want to move as one would finish and another would start right away.
My husband decided it was time to call the midwife again. She showed up an hour later, around 3. She brought 2 students and her equipment.
My husband asked if he could fill up the pool and she said sure go ahead. I begged him with every contraction to rub my back muscle and push on it hard.
She checked me, 6cm now!
The birth pool felt good but soon I felt so uncomfortable , I couldn't find a good position. The contractions now so painful , I moaned through them louder and louder.
At 4 she checked me , 8 cm! I felt like I couldn't deal no more. Then at 4.35 I felt like I had to poop. So I said I have to poop! Told my husband to go away, then the midwife said no honey, that's your baby!
She checked me, yep complete!
Pushing was so painful to me, not sure if that's the word actually, it was weird to let your body lead and not be in control, not seeing what's going on in there.
Something came over me, my inner core took over. I screamed, not like a normal scream, but from the deepest part inside of me I moaned, which came out like a very deep and super loud screaming sound.
I looked over at my husband, he encouraged me to go on, how I was doing so good. I'll never forget the look in his eyes when he saw her head.
One more push and she will be out, I pushed with everything I had and way more than that.
That ring of fire.. They weren't kidding!
And there she came , her head, my midwife asked me if I wanted to feel it. NO! I just want her out NOW!
And out she came, there she is, I looked down and there she was. I just birthed a baby, I couldn't believe it, it felt so unreal.
They put her on my chest, her daddy standing next to me. Our daughter Aleena Jayde. Instant love .
She cried for one second and stopped while opening her eyes.
They waited to cut the cord, it stopped pulsating and I cut the cord.
They gave her to her daddy while I got out , and squatted down to birth the placenta. It came out 15 mins later.
After that I breastfed.
She latched right away, she's amazing.

The midwives left at 7 . I did tear a little so I have 3 stitches but I didn't feel a thing getting stitched up.

Thnx for reading ladies! Giving birth is the mOst amazing thing out there.

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 33
Oh wow! Such an amazing story!
You did amazing! well done!...
Welcome to the world princess!
Xxx

awe, congratulations, gorgeous name for your wee girl, so hoping for a water birth!

Congratulations she is gorgeous x

congratulations! She is gorgeous! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"