Alert Newborn

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Hey :)

I was just wondering how alert everyones newborns were??

Maya just sleeps constantly. She's every rarely awake for more than an hour at the time apart from 2 nights when she thought it was great fun to stay awake at 3am for a couple of hours

My mum says not to worry as she's only 5 days old but i'm worried she's not awake enough & that i'm not keeping her entertained enough

xxx

Hey hun!
Great to see you over on this side!
That is quite normal. Newborns sleep up to about 16 hours a day so that sounds about right.
Hope you are doing well Kel!
:hug:

Hey hun!
Great to see you over on this side!
That is quite normal. Newborns sleep up to about 16 hours a day so that sounds about right.
Hope you are doing well Kel!
:hug:

:shock: When my son was a newborn he was sleeping roughly 20 hours a day.. he couldn't focus on anything (would continue to suck for about 2-3 mins after I took breast out of his mouth), he RARELY opened his eyes, rarely cried,.. but the doctors thought that he was only about 36 weeks gestation rather than 38+2.

I forgot to say, you also had a tough labour - were you given a lot of pain relief? This can sometimes contribute to sleepiness as well for about 2 weeks until the drugs leave her system.

Colton slept all the time aswell. He would wake for food. I would get him up change him feed him and by the end of the bottle he was always back asleep!
I used to hold him when he slept; because he slept so much and I felt like I never played with him. I'm paying for it now though-he ALWAYS wants to be held and cannot play/entertain himself for even a few minutes.

Sam used to sleep all the time too. He'd wake up to be changed/fed and be asleep again straight afterwards - we used to cover him over with a blanket on the change mat on the floor sometimes because he looked so comfy :rofl:

Now he's awake constantly during the day....make the most of it! x x x

Yeah its perfectly normal. You'll see a difference in the next 2 weeks or so x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"