Alex Joseph Lukacs 20/10/11 :)

mrs_lukey

Each day is progress xx
Reaction score
My little miracle made his entrance on Thursday 20th October 2011.

I started having mild contractions about 6.30pm on the Wednesday and by 9.30pm they were getting strong and regular. My husband Ben called the labour ward at 11pm to let them know something was happening as we were booked for a homebirth.

The midwife on call arrived at 12.30am and examined me - I was thrilled to find out I was 5cm already! As my contractions were strong and every 2-3 minutes she said she'd let the second midwife know she'd be needed within a couple of hours and to be ready. The second midwife arrived at 3am.

At 5am I was checked again and despite contracting so regularly I had only progressed another 2cm to 7cm in 4.5 hours :( I asked if they would break my waters to speed things up but they declined as apparently they don't like to intervene too much with a homebirth.

At 6am my mum arrived to take my 9 year old to her house and she questioned why they wouldn't break my waters - especially as I had had to have them broken with my son at about 8cm. Again they said no and suggested I had a bath.

I got in the bath but couldn't bear it as I had been dealing with my contractions stood up against the kitchen worktop so I found lying down unbearable.

As I got out of the bath I started to get an overwhelming urge to push so I was hurried downstairs and told to let my body do what it wanted. After 20 mins of pushing and nothing happening they checked me and I was nearly 9cm but not quite there. Suddenly my waters went on their own and the contractions stepped up a gear (even though I couldn't have thought they could've got worse at that point!).

At 7.50am I was examined again and found to be 7cm again :nope: The midwives said that as I had been pushing before I was fully dilated i had put pressure on my cervix and was causing it to swell which was dangerous so an ambulance had to be called for an emergency hospital transfer.

Ambulance arrived at 8am; got to the hospital at 8.10am and as soon as we were there I was saying I had to push and kept being told that I wasn't ready and needed to calm down!!! Suddenly I was leaning against the bed and bearing down with 2 midwives telling me to stop! My husband suggested they actually checked me again and when they did I was told to get on the bed quick as the head was there!!

I got on the bed and within minutes Alex was born at 08.20am - only 10 minutes after arrival at the hospital! He is absolutely perfect and even though I didn't get my homebirth at least I got my boy here safely in the end!!

Discussing it all with the midwife at the hospital she said she thinks my body was making me push to try and break my waters. She also said that if it had been her she would've broken them for me and the transfer may've been avoided. The only thing that really upsets me is that I begged to have my waters broken and was told no and that the midwives kept telling me to stop pushing even though I physically couldn't :(

Alex Joseph Lukacs was born at 39+3 weighing 7lb 6oz :cloud9:

I will upload a few pics later - can't seemed to get it to work now!

What a lovely story, just a shame midwives didn't listen to u! Many congrats on your new arrival xxxx

congratulations, shame about your homebirth, but glad you and baby are both well xx

Congratulations, sorry you didnt get your home birth though! :flower: x

https://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/nevaehLOVE/congratulationsbabyboyjjw.jpg

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

congratulations! and well done chicky.
(I do think -and espesh after my own experience now that we know our own bodies -if you feel unwell you describe your symptoms to a doc and know whats wrong with you, when is that ever questioned? childbirth doesnt need to be medicalised never mind so prescriptive) but you did so well and all is good in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->