Alexander has arrived!

Phinners

Reaction score
On Tuesday 23rd after an elective C section Alexander William came kicking and screaming at 12.27pm to the tune of Sloe Gin by Joe Bonamassa - just missing Marillion's Beautiful by about 30 seconds..

He was a bit poorly, it seems the surgeons couldnt get him out and more or less were sat on my chest to drag him out and he inhaled some amniotic fluid. So needed a bit tiny bit of rescus to sort him out but we could do some skin on skin first before the paeds grabbed him.

The were convinced he was prem aswell beucause he was so caked in vernix, but he was 39 weeks +1, 8lb 7oz and 52cm long so defo no prem.

I had an all female theatre team apart fromthe anaethetist and so the surgeons were very petite ladies and both needed to stand on boxes to reach me on the bed! I think this is why they struggle to get him out.

I had a combined spinal/epidural and so was numb from just under my boobs right down to my toes, I was utterly dead from tits down - which is really scary and had a very odd 'lack' of sensation. I had no body!

I felt a bit spaced out with the drugs too and I think I kept talking loads of shite to my partner and telling him I loved him (which I do often anyway) but even more so being the misty eyed soppy tart that I'd turned into!

The team were just fantastic though (they could see how scared and nervous I was), I was fully informed of everything that was going on right from being prepped to the delivery and after care for Alexander.

I did react to the drugs a fair bit though, I had the crazy shakes and extreme shivering, and itching, I cut my face scratching and made my skin sore in places. My BP dropped through the floor on several occasions then went through the roof...but all was controlled and sorted.

So yeah little man struggled a bit to get going, they cleared his throat and lungs and got him to a decent colour and the paeds team were all over him, and sorted him out. They thought about sending him to the special care unit but decided he was ok. Apgar was 9!!

Daddy trimmed to cord back too. And then we both had him for a good while when they sewed me up.

I dont quite remember going back to the ward...

But I had a great MW who kept me drugged up and pain free. And we sat there misty eyed over our beautiful bundle. Paeds came round again and gave him the all clear.

So yeah my care has been just excellent but so many people - except for the kitchen staff who cant cook a decent meal for shit! BUt my fab fella brought me Starbucks and breakfast baguetts, Danish pastries and all sorts of stuff!

Alex is feeding well and pooping well, and is hit n miss with sleeping. I have discovered swaddling and he seems to love that and can sleep for ages!

I need some nipple shields though becuase they are absolutely killing me!

We're so in love :)

Thanks!

I have a few piccies here:

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=572206&id=587230430&l=6772e298da

Listen to you being all loved up! Congratulations hon, sounds like it all went great - can't wait to see pics of the little guy xxx

Congratulations! He is gorgeous! Glad everything turned out well, some hairy moments there!

Aww well done :hugs:
PMSL about the surgeons needing help to reach :haha: I thought operating tables were adjustable :dohh:

Aww well done :hugs:
PMSL about the surgeons needing help to reach :haha: I thought operating tables were adjustable :dohh:

They did try to but for some reason couldnt do it. Both were about 3ft tall!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->