Alfie William Finn ~ 23/09/08

Charlie_x

Reaction score
Woke up on the 19th September at around 7.30 am and went down to the toilet and realised I had lost my mucus plug, had a few pains nothing major just like a dull ache before a period is due!

20th September woke up at around 5.30 and felt a gush when i moved go up my bum, lol went down to the toilet and took out my pad but didn’t have any in the bathroom so had to get one and felt the back of my knickers was all wet, went up stairs and sat on the bed to put my pad in and then when I moved to get back into bed were I was sitting was all wet and I was touching the bed and sniffing at it to see if it was me or if one of the cats and weed on my bed, lol after I while I turned to Ron to tell him I thought my waters had gone, I spent about 5 mins tryin to wake him up I was just going baby… lol in the end I went I think my waters of broken and he shot up and went I thought you was going to say the cats had pissed on the bed lmao.

Anyway I rang the hospital as we wasn’t sure what to do and they said to come in so they could check me over, I went in at 9am, I walked the whole way there and back as well! Omg I was knackered by the time I got home lol! Anyway once there they strapped me up to monitor the baby and see if I was having any contractions and she did a swab on my cervix, I was there for about 2 hours, and when I was there she said she was going to do some bloods but she had forgotten and we was sitting down stairs (its lucky I was pregnant and couldn’t move very fast lmao) and asked me to go back so she could do them which we did! Lol

I got a phone call on the 21st (Sunday night) asking me to come in to be induced as one of my swab things had come back a bit high for infection so we went back in at 8pm and I was given a tablet of Prostin at 9pm and by the next morning that still hadn’t worked, so I had another one in the morning and that one still didn’t work lmao! So at 2pm on the Monday the 22nd I was put on Syntocinon (which is a drip to start contractions) and it was working a little bit just some period pains tho.

At 9pm that evening I had another examination and they told me my membranes where still intact so she broke them, and I swear this was more painful and traumatic than the birth itself I was shaking and crying it was the most horrible thing in the world, soon after I moved into my own delivery room.

Within 20 minutes I went from being 2cm dilated to fully dilated, still attached to the drip, and not soon after I was begging for the gas and air lmao, I took about to gasps of it and threw up but after I had thrown up and my body had gotten used to it I loved it! Although I’ve been told by both Ron and the midwife who delivered the baby that I was using it to much she took it off me twice and after that she couldn’t get it off me the only person who could get it off me was Ron, I really wouldn’t of been able to do it without him he was there the whole time encouraging me and reassuring me and just making me feel safe the whole time through, at one point I even tried to hit him, lol the midwife had a go at me for that, although I didn’t mean to hit him the room was spinning and I went to put my hand out to see if it was moving and obviously it ended with me hitting him lol! The gas & air made me voice sound so funny and I remember going I sound like Lee Evans, and my midwife wasn’t English she was from Germany and I remember going to her where are you from and she said from Germany and I went that’s ok then I thought you was polish! Poor Ron the amount of times he had to go to me behave! Lmao

The midwife was very impressed with me and kept going I cant believe how tight you are :O After 3 hours of labour 2 & half of that which was spent pushing finally at 2.55 am my little man popped out and Ron started crying lol :D I kept going to my midwife your star, thank you so much!

I tore a little inside, and had to have stitches but while they were stitching me up omg poor Ron lets just say Birmingham is full of Asian people and lets just say the gas & air got the better of me lol and I was quite a bit rude, I do remember aurging with the lady who was stitching me up going can you put a extra stitch in and she was like no im not allowed and I was like ok I better stop or you might mess it up lol! I was just coming out with the most silliest stuff like I suppose your used to blabbering idiots all day long lol! And during my labour I was just going I want a epidural and midwife was like no! your not having it then I was like I was a caesarean and she was like no again! Im glad she didn’t let me, she very also nearly had to cut me but she didn’t want to and waited and waited and Ron kept going to me if you don’t push shes going to have to cut you, so I gave him the gas & air I think I relied on it to much but he tells me I spelt the last hour without it I don’t remember lol!

One good thing about the gas & air for me is it made me feel like at points I was asleep and everything was painless and I swear I fell asleep! I also wet myself during my labour! Which I didn’t remember till afterwards I was morterifed!

After it was all over and everytime my midwife tried to go out the room or I couldn’t see her I was like wheres Mikey, wheres Mikey!, she even left the room at one point while I was in labour to have some lunch I was just like did you have a nice lunch, did you enjoy it lol

I lost 700 of blood, I didn’t know this till I was way down off the gas & air, lol I wanted to go for a bath but it only had a shower so I tried to go for a shower I was fine managed to sit up on the bed, got off the bed and fainted luckerly ron was behind me at the time helping me up it was horrible my ears went and I couldn’t hear or see and naked with all bits just hanging out lol the midwifes were like you need to get of the floor cause you could get infected.

We left alone till about 5.30am till they came and got me ready to go onto the ward, my midwife came and saw me before she went home and I was just thanking her telling her what a star she was and without her my baby wouldn’t be here, I just kept repeating it even when I was being stitched up lol!

Anyway where I had lost a lot of blood they wanted me to have a blood transfusion, they offer it to anyone who is under 7 and mine came back at 6.6 and I said no I just wanted to go home, so im not on iron tablets for anaemia and labetalol for my blood pressure, keep in mine here im 18 and my dad wasn’t put on labetalol till he was 40!!!

So there we have it! I thought id put in the interesting bits for you all :D its now been 8 days since he was born :D his cord fell off on day 6! My stitches fell out a few days after I got home from the hospital, when we were in hospital all the midwifes kept saying how strong he was, and hes always trying to hold his head up and when im burping him over my leg he always trys to move over it more like hes trying to crawl, and about 2 days after we were he was turning onto his side! :D at first he used to blink in sync with his sucking when he was having his bottle and now hes got it sorted and is more alert and awake now and his blue eyes are shining :D

There we have it :D if you have made it this far and read it all well done :D lol

congratulations on ur baby boy!!! Enjoy him!!

How much did you say he weighed??

xxx

Awww, what a story!
Congratulations!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member