Alice (very long!!)

emski803

Expecting 1st baby
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to write my birth story (whilst I have 5 mins to myself!)

It all started on my due date 11th June, I had decided that I was going to go into the ADU the following day for a check up as I was feeling a bit weird and hadnt seen my midwife since 38 weeks so I went and got a bath and was struggling to tidy up (If you know what I mean ;P) I asked my husband to help me and ended up snapping at him and we ended up squabbling while I sat crying in the bath! I went to get out and as I grabbed the towel from the radiator (we have a towel heater type thing) it fell off the wall, I screamed for OH to come up and he made out I had ripped it off the wall in some kind of rage so carried on moaning at me while he tried to stop it leaking... and I just remember thinking ' all this stress is going to make me go into labour ' :wacko:

We went to bed and baby was moving loads and I just kept thinking the stress had upset her but I couldnt help thinking maybe something was starting and finally got to sleep...... I woke up when I felt my waters literally POP! I told other half who was like 'are you sure its your waters?' I think he thought Id peed the bed! I went to the toilet and they just kept gushing now and then, after I managed to stop shaking I called the hospital who said to come in for a check up so we got ready and got in for about 3am (waters had gone at 1:45am, OH spent ages getting ready!!) was checked out, monitored and sent home about 5:30am, and I went back to bed for a bit at about 11am I woke up in a fair bit of pain and asked OH to run me a bath, went to the loo and noticed that my waters where now red which I thought wasnt normal so rang hospital and went in to get checked out again, they agreed it wasnt normal and said that they where taking me up to L & D to be induced! I just remember thinking 'HOLY CRAP!, its happening now!'

They started preping me for my induction and my husband and mum drove home to pick up my bag as we didnt take it thinking we would just get sent home again doh!! this was around 5:30pm, midwife asked if I would like some toast before it all started up and I was like no its ok my husband is bringing me back a macdonalds and she was like no he isnt you cant have that (gutted!!) so I settled for toast while OH and mum ate burgers in front of me :(

Then the pain started!!! I hadnt had much pain up until then only the odd strong B/H contraction so when they started I really noticed and was struggling to concentrate midwife told me that baby was back to back and thats why it was hurting more, I was just thinking do something before I die!!! :haha: they got me on the birth ball and OH rubbed my back and I started on gas and air, OMG that stuff is mental! I was sucking away and it felt like it didnt touch me until the contraction had faded off and them wham! I was off my head! so they took me off the birth ball (before I fell off!) back on the bed which I hated! I tried to cope with the gas and air but it was just making me want to throw up so in the end we opted for the epidural, the anaesthatist was amazing, such a lovely fun guy and kept going on about the England match we where missing and telling us the wrong scores!! they tell you to relax when they are putting the needle in and kept saying relax your shoulders and I was like I AM!! but then realised they where hunched up like some kind of mental rugby player!! :dohh: they kept telling me the pain should ease off in a few minutes but they just didnt and I was really struggling to cope at this point as they where one after the other and just not getting any better so they then realised it wasnt working and gave me a stronger one which did the trick and all I felt was pressure below but no strong pain! but then I just came over really strange and said to midwife If feel faint and couldnt keep my head up and she did my BP and her face said it all! so the anaesthatist was brought back in to give me something to raise my BP (OH said this was the scariest thing because all of a sudden the room filled and they where squeezing my drips and stuff) but I started feeling better and it was all plain sailing from there, they did an internal and said I was fully dilated but they where leaving me for 2 hours for baby to come down more and about an hour and half later I got the urge to push and we started the best part!!!! I know Im maybe weird but I actually remember thinking how cool it was to be pushing, that soon turned to tiredness though because it really was hard work!! the worst was the head I remember that being extremely painful!! I just remember my mum holding one leg my husband the other and then all of a sudden they held her up and put her on my stomach and there she was!!! she looked right up at me and I swear I dont think I will ever experience anything like that again!

So here she is Alice Rose born 13th June 1:37am 9lb 2.5oz :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl :D

She's a beauty! And thanks for the long story - I love the long and detailed ones!

congrats what a beautiful little girl she is! Her name is lovely too. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->