Aliss' awesome positive home birth turned hospital transfer birth story! :)

Congratulations so great that you got the birth you wanted!

congrats hun so happy you got your healing and a fantastic birth experience too

such a wonderful story! Congrats, and thank you for your reassuring words :)

My home birth became a hospital transfer (and by that, I mean he almost popped out in the ambulance, I wasn't even admitted and left 3 hours later!), so I do consider this pretty much a home birth anyways :thumbup: But here you go.

I decided on a home birth after declining a C-section due to a previous traumatic induction with shoulder dystocia (which also greatly contributed to pnd and not wanting to have any more children).

But we decided to try again, and at home.

11pm November 4th (40+6) I started getting some intestinal cramps. I waited about 2 hours (they were easy to cope with) and called the midwife when I got to 5-6 minutes apart.

2am The midwives (3) and doula arrived

4am I was already 7cm! Contractions were very difficult but the hot shower was an amazing relief. I didn't bother with the pool, since the hot shower was working so well

7 or 8am I was 10cm but struggling with transition from that to pushing

9am Midwife called for hospital transfer, but I was already pushing when the ambulance arrived. I pushed on my way to & in the ambulance (with all my neighbours staring out the windows), and then for a bit at the hospital.

Because of the previous dystocia, the midwives were cautious when my pushing started to take longer than an hour. She said if I was a first time mother or non-dystocia 2nd time mother, she would not have transferred.

Popped out at 9:58am without any medication, only hot shower for pain relief and reflexology/pressure massage for contractions. Only a slight 1st degree graze, doesn't even hurt to pee one day later.

I can't recommend natural birth enough, especially as someone who has already been down the pitocin/morphine/epidural route. I felt way more relaxed at home, much more comfortable, the thought of asking for a drug/epidural never even crossed my mind (although I started screaming for it at the hospital! But of course it was way too late and they ignored me).

The proper birthing environment made a big big difference!

Thank you to all my natural birthing ladies for your support, I learned so much from you all and can safely say I have HEALED from my first traumatic labour. Whew! Thanks especially to those with special knowledge of natural birthing and those 2nd timers who reassured me that it IS possible to have a positive natural birth after a bad 1st one. I believe you now!

Amazing and beautiful!!! I feel like obstetricians get into soo many women's minds that they are not educated or qualified enough to labor and deliver without pain medication because natural labor in today's century is becoming more and more rare and in some hospitals not tolerated because it takes longer than what it would take if they just gave you pitocin. When I posted that natural labor story thing I was so surprised to not have one single person bash me or tell me you will want the epidural. When someone does tell me that I always say back ya you're right I will want it soo bad but it's not necessary so I will try to keep on labouring on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janebe345
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->