=( alittle worried.

Pixles

Reaction score
When I had my first baby, in hospital, after theyd freeked me out, because apparently its impossible for someone to be compleatly calm when in labour with there first baby. so i wasent in labour and refused to check me untill i started bleeding and felt like i needed to push in the toilet.. guess what.. i was 10cm. >.<

Anyways, I had delayed cord cutting, well, of 5 mins.... the whole time there was a midwife next to me gripping this needle containing my placenta expelling jab. she kept saying can we stop now so i can get this done..

im haveing a home birth with this one.. im not getting treated like that again!

can i delay till stoped pulsating and still have my jab?

Yes of course! We will also be waiting for the cord to stop pulsating before its cut and the placenta expelled. The cord can even remain attached until the placenta is out if you prefer. Your house, your rules.:flower:

Yes of course! We will also be waiting for the cord to stop pulsating before its cut and the placenta expelled. The cord can even remain attached until the placenta is out if you prefer. Your house, your rules.:flower:

YAY! ^^ now I no its possible I wont be swayed, Id read up on D/CC but not about that and the injection to expell, and when Mrs trunchbull next to me with needle in hand said "can we stop now to get this over with" I thort, oh, ok, there not compatable, and i was soo tierd the idea of more contractions and pushing then the possiblity of partial or whole retained placenta would of put scuppers to my running away from hospital as quick as possible =D

If my midwife sais no when I inform her of this desission when we have our homebirth setup meeting, ill tell her its happening or ill just go unassisted :haha:=D

out of all the 100s of diffrences in birth, medications ect, D/CC is the most important to me.. I just hate the idea of takeing away and not alowing a baby to have all its blood! :dohh:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Do you even need the jab? I didn't have it for my homebirth and the placenta only took about 20 mins to come out on its own.

Well, I dont need it. and was thinking that if, my placenta delivered its self before its stoped pulsating then so be. but I dont like the idea of haveing to give birth to it if theres no need and i can have a jab. =S now I sound lazy! Its not something I want to have to focus on, with my son, i was holding him and so inlove and dident even notice them pull it from me. i dunno.

yes! i had a lot of discussions with my mws about this and it is 100% possible. unfortunately Lola came flying out so quickly she was a bit stunned so i told them to go ahead and cut the cord so they could make sure she was ok, but I had planned delayed clamping!

Yes you can definitely wait until the cord has stopped pulsating before having the jab. It might be worth looking up the side-effects of the jab though just to make an informed decision, as it's something that a lot of midwives don't tell you about. :)

You do know theres a higher chance of retained placenta WITH the injection? There is no time restriction on using it to slow bleeding but you might not bleed so if you're worried about retained placenta, perhaps you should do more research on a physiological 3rd stage. The only retained placentas I ever hear about are WITH the injection.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/h...gical-v-managed-third-stage.html#post10284801

My only worrie is, I had no patten to my contractions, I was in full labour for no more than 20-30 mins, my contractions never leveled out and had a pattern, I was on a monitor the whole time and had to ask for my waters to be poped as she was waiting for them to lvl out. I had perfect contractions the 2 pushes that birthed his head and shoulders and then nothing for a whole min, the midwife asked me where they had gone, then i got another, but it wasnt as strong as the others before. she had to pull his lil legs out.

Starting to think I was just to wishywaashy with my requests! and dident stand up for what i believed in. I had a nasty experiance in the hospital with pushy staff! >.< Hence the want for a homebirth!

ill think about the jab, just worried that if my contractions are all over the place again, that my placenta wont birth.

Had a pre-labour shot of pethadine at 8cm dilated last time too, and i swaer that made it so easy, then i read it hinders breastfeeding and i wonder if thats why i struggled for 2 months before itgot easyer. or if id be able to cope without it. but G&A's shit! and gave me dry mouth, but when i only got that at 10cm.... it wouldent work anyways! >.< Wahhh!

Can i re-birth my little man please? and properly without being such a push over!. =(

ill think about the jab, just worried that if my contractions are all over the place again, that my placenta wont birth.

There's really no link.....unless you know something I don't.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->