all advice welcome

valerie.knowl

Reaction score
Hi there im new on here and didnt know where else to post for advice. As u can prob guess by my name i am a grandma with 2 grown up daughters and one grandchild (well two but unfortunatly he did not survive) Which is the crux of the thread.

Many years ago when i was pregnant (1983) with my second child i had a CT scan for a suspected brain tumor. I was 6 months pregnant but they put a lead blanket over my stomache then injected a blue dye into me. I never thought any more about it till recently as my daughters boy was born severley handicapped and only lived for the day. It was put down to one of those unfortunate events.

For the next 3 years my daughter has found it impossible to concieve and is in continuous pain. She has to go for a CT scan and was asking me about it and when i looked it up it said it can be dangerous to the baby in the first trimester, but i cant find any info on having a scan in the second trimester. Does anyone know what , if anything it could have done to her.

Please help as we are all desperate for some answers and the medics dont seem to want to give any. If she does need to go the adoption route she wants to do it asap

many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->