All for homeschooling . . . .

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
Kind of. The high school I unwillingly attended because my mom moved us my sophomore year has been in the news the last few years for teacher/student scandals has made the news again. :nope:
The sex scandals and seeing the hoodlums walking around in this town (different one than the h.s. I went to) and just knowing what my niece and nephew are learning and how they are learning it in school now make me want to home school my LO when the time comes.

I could do it and would possibly enjoy it but OH says no. I guess it really depends where we live and what the schools are like.

The educational system here needs some major work.

My husband and I had the same disagreement when I was pregnant. I think he's starting to lean toward letting me homeschool, especially since neither of us is keen on the idea of her having to change schools every 1-3 years (I did that growing up thanks to military parents - not fun!). And I was homeschooled my last 3 years of high school and loved it.

Spend the next couple of years researching all of the benefits of homeschooling and build a case to pitch to your partner. Put together the stats for your school system. I'm sure he wants a good education for his child. Homeschooling has come a looooong way from what it used to be, too. My mother is homeschooling my younger brother now and he does his classes online. They can look at how far he's completed the coursework and what grades he is getting. The organization she went through maintains his final grades and administers the state-mandated yearly test.

If it's something you truly feel strongly about, then keep talking to him about it! :hugs:

My husband and I both agree on homeschooling fortunately. May I ask why your husband is saying no?

OH is saying no because a) he doesn't think I can pull it off, and b) he has friends that were homeschooled and they were not taught anything! They didn't know what the underground railroad was. His one friend asked me if that's what they used to call the subway.

I was homeschooled from k - 12. There are some good curriculums out there you just hafta look and see, and just make sure that it offers a recognized hs diploma. It can work as long as there is still socialization. :thumbup: I plan on homeschooling my kids too :)

Writing hafta instead of have to isn't exactly a great advertisement for home schooling... ;)
But I had a friend who was home schooled until year 10 and she studied law and Mandarin at university and now works as a political aide. So yes, it is definitely a viable option.

We are planning on homeschooling in the UK. The education system is pretty good here, I see little school kids running around swearing and smoking and I don't want to expose my son to that environment at such an early age!

Hubby is on board now, since he has been a SAHD for the last 8 months he is realising he can teach him so many things just by spending time with him and taking him out and showing him the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->