All I can stomach seems to be junk.. stupid MS!!

kris85

Reaction score
Just a vent!

I'm 6 weeks and have had MS for the past 2 weeks, slowly getting worse. Luckily I don't throw up (feel for all you that do!), but constant nausea. Feels like my stomach is a washing machine.

pre pregnancy I was a pretty healthy, lots of veges, not much red meat, whole grains, etc. Bit of a sweet tooth but otherwise ate really well.

now the thought of all the foods i normally love make me gag. i cant even stomach the thought of veges or anything. Last few days the only foods that dont make me wanna throw up is junk like cheeseburgers, kfc, etc.. food i normally wouldnt touch.

I'm trying so hard to not gain heaps of weight, but dammit, its all i feel like eating.. and i know i have to eat regularly.

arrgg.. its doing my head in!!

Me too even had to turn down mil Sunday dinner yesterday can't stand the thought of veg, I haven't cooked a meal in about 2-3 weeks because i know I won't be able to eat it if I do, I feel so rotten I'm struggling to enjoy this pregnancy x

Hiya Ladies,
I just HAD to reply to this post...its the story of my life right now! I'm 9 weeks and from 6 on I've had nausea...no throwing up but just nausea and the worst food aversions I have ever come across. Before I fell pregnant I was really healthy,smoothies for breakfast, salads & homemade soups for lunches & chicken and rice dishes or sweet potatoes for dinner....now even writing them foods is making me feel ill lol. I was a bit disheartened at 1st because all I fancy now are ridiculously un healthy and living in a town full of takeaways-dominoes/mcdonalds/indian/Chinese & a nandos being built just to name a few (this isn't counting 2 bakeries, a Turkish restaurant, 3 kebab kitchens and 2 fish and chip shops lol) the temptation for convienient food is terrible. I was a good healthy weight before my pregnancy though and right now I think I may have put on around 5lbs already. I did feel awful at 1st but was reassured from one of my books that in the 1st trimester the baby doesn't gain too much from what you eat right now, it is usually once the placenta takes over that the baby takes the nutrients from what you eat. Right now I feel like just eating what I can stomach just to get through the day and avoid dodgy looks from coworkers, family and friends when I force something healthy into my mouth and try not to wretch...I gave up on this about 4 days into the sick feeling lol. Also I know that once the ms has eased up I can get back on to my healthier eating habits which I am actually looking forward to because before I really loved things like that and had no problem in eating up my fruits & veg! So i'm trying not to think about what I am eating right now & just go with it & will look forward to hopping back on the healthy eating once this sickyness goes! xxx

that was my first pregnancy to a T! I did end up gaining weight (I started around 170 and ended up at 218) but was retaining a lot of water. After I gave birth I ended up losing so much weight that I got down to around 155 before I got pregnant again. You'll get through this stage soon and will be able to curb your cravings a little better but don't stress out too much about it-I'm sure stress is worse than a cheeseburger here and there!

I'm still not wanting to eat much for meals besides rigatoni, butter and , ragu jar sauce. It's ridiculous because I cooked literally all day on Thanksgiving and only are the green beans! For two days I had been craving the kind of wedding cake with fruit filling.. We spent all day yesterday and found one that didn't require having it custom made. Then this morning I wanted to make chocolate chip pancakes which I haven't had since I was little. Tried to make it better by having a peach but ya know something is better than nothing. Already waiting for room to have some more pasta. I feel ridiculous eating this way! Did I mention I also chose fruity pebbles over chex rice cereal before my pancakes!?

I would try not to stress about what you're eating at the minute, just trying to keep anything down can be a challenge! As long as you are actually eating, keeping something down and drinking plenty that is the main thing.... when you're feeling better then you can concentrate on getting your healthy diet back :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->