All terrain buggys... which ones do you recommend? MB, Baby Jogger, Jane or BOB

jenny6165

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been researching all terrain buggy's for ages as I need to be able to take my 10 month old daughter with me when walking my dogs. The buggy I currently have just isn't up to the job. I need one that can cope with all terrains (grass, rocky trails, town) and is easy to fold and move about etc. And would be good if it can cope with a baby bag being attached to handle bars? or stored somewhere.

Here is my shortlist:

Mountain Buggy Terrain

Jane Trider Extreme

Baby Jogger Summit X3

B.O.B Sport Utility Stroller or Revolution SE

I have heard pro's and con's of all of them. Founds lots of comments that Jane aren't built well and break alot. Have heard the Baby Jogger is great, but the accessories are rubbish (foot muffs dont fit right) and that the B.O.B are bulky and difficult to fold. Havent heard anything bad about the Mountain Buggy yet and the accessories seem good, but a bit expensive.

I would have preferred to be able to have my child facing me as I love talking to her, but it seems the all terrain ones all face forward except for Jane.

I would love to see these buggies in person, but no shops stock these models except for the Jane one. I live in West Sussex, UK, so no way am I going to travel 4 hours to the only superstore that stocks them all!

Any suggestions? I don't want to spend all this money to be disappointed!

Have you looked at an out n about nipper 360, I have one it can easily go through woodland, beach, town, across fields.....its so light you can push it one handed and accessories won't break the bank either.

I have had a babyjogger summit x3 and it doesn't even come close to the out n abouts suspension.
X

Try the outnabout nipper, I bought mine 2nd hand and I'm sure it's previous owners gave it some rough treatment and I've done the same but it remains a great buggy. Love it for the country park but its a PITA when in shops as it is so wide and long.

I 2nd the outnabout nipped too, really light weight so easy to throw about and lift over styles etc. The older version is better than the newer imo x

I know this was a while ago, but I did want to mention that I recently got the newer BOB sports, and the new ones are SO much easier to fold and carry. They fold down much smaller and are much easier to open one handed if need be.

Hope it helps :)

I just got an urban detour for sooo cheap and its amazing in the forest. Why didnt I get one years ago!

Mountain buggy urban! I love mine its a beast but great size seat and lovely to push. I loved my v2 nippee as well but the MB is nicer to push and I prefer the handle the nipper handle is quite narrow

Ooh id loveamb urban or swift!... We have the 1st edition nipper. The handle is much wider and not adjustable with I think is great!

I also have an icandy peach jogger. We havent really used it as it's quite bulky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->