All waters gone and baby has had a poo at 27 weeks.

Lisa-2323

Reaction score
Has anyone had their waters broke at 27 weeks? if so how long did you last? I had my daughter last year at 27+4 days. we have a rough year but she is ok now. I know all prems are different and my sister's waters have broke and baby has no water surrounding her and now my sis has an infection, does anyone know what is likely to happen now. She has had the steriods and antibiotics, but baby has had a poo inside. How long can they leave it as she is not in labour. She keeps asking me for advice and im trying to be positive but i cant tell her what will happen and the doctors dont seem to be either, my sis is not a forward as me when it comes to asking questions. I would be gratful for any simular storys or advice.

I wish I could help Lisa. My daughter was born at 27+4 last year too, my waters didnt break but i was having contractions, they had to break them for me. I dont think they will leave too long but im no doc :(

I dont think they'll leave it long at all hun specially with meconium present... it can be very dangerous. I doubt they'd leave more than 24 hours to be honest xxx

My waters broke at 28 weeks I didn't get an infection and baby didn't poo so don't know if that makes a difference but I lasted 5 days after my waters broke. Steroid injections really helped in that short amount of time. Will keep my fingers crossed x

Ahh, i dont understand what they are doing at the hospital, my sis has no water surounding baby, baby has had a mess inside and now there is protien in her water not to mention an infection. Surely they should make their minds up what they are doing. i personally feel baby is better out than in now due to infection and meconium present. Im no doctor though.

I agree with you Lisa but unfortunately we have to put our trust in the professionals. It's likely she will go into labour anyway because of the infection :hugs: Let us know how she is doing xx

I dont have experience with water loss as they didnt break mine until I went for my c section but it sounds like she wont be long in having her baby hun. My friends water went at 34 weeks and she lasted 6 days before she had her son. They gave her antibiotics to fight infection and told her to rest up!
If there is protein and she also has an infection surely they should be giving her steroids and inducing labour.
Good luck to your sis

Hi there, my waters broke at 24 weeks, i managed to last 7 and a half weeks until my little girl was born at 33 weeks. I was checked every 2 days for infection, contractions etc. I found it strange at first that they were going to leave me to go into labour but they explained that so long as there was no infection present and i wasn't in labour it was safer for the baby to gain weeks inside me. I'm sure that infection means they will start labour but maybe every case is different, they checked my blood for CRP levels all the time and this indicated infection, maybe if it is below a certain level they leave you? Keep us updated and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

I'd say if there is meconium, they should be delivering the baby very soon. A friend of mine went full term but in the last day her baby swallowed meconium and was in ICU for a few days because of it.

Thought i would give u all an update. My sister had an emerg c section tonight. baby weighs 2lb 11oz. fingers crossed she will do well. x

Congratulations to your sister :) Hope all is well - the baby is a really good weight....my daughter was just 1lb 13 when she was born at 27 weeks back in March - she came home 6 days before her due date and now weighs 7lb 15 and is doing really well. It's amazing what they can do for these little babies. Keep us posted. xxx

Thankyou for your comment im so glad ur little one is doing so well u must feel on top of the world to have her home after all this time. My lil girl was born at 27 weeks last year, she came home a day before a due date. My only concern with her now is her growing she is still only 17lb at 15 months bless her. I have my sisters kids here all 6 of them plus 3 of my own i feel like Maria Augusta with the Von traps. Good news is my sisters baby is on no breathing help at all, no Si pap or c pap. i cant belive how well she is doing.

Glad they finally made a decision. Hope baby continues to do well.

x

Aww congratulations to your sister and really hope baby continues to keep fighting, sounds like things are going really well so far :) xx

Congratulations to your sister. Fingers crossed her little one continues to do well. She is in my thoughts. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->