All went well with my June home birth :-)

Kimimi

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Thought I'd check in to say all went well with my home birth in June, seems ages ago now.

Just wanted to reassure anyone who's wanting a home birth but a bit scared or unsure. This was my third baby, first two in hospital where I had drugs, induction, epidurals etc. Long, not overly nice labours.
This one was wonderful, labour started at about 8pm-ish and I used tens machine initially, though I'm not sure how good it was, I did more relaxation exercises etc. First midwife turned up about 10pm, second at midnight, onto gas and air now as contractions more intense, waters broke and then she was born shortly after.
I sort of lost it a bit when my waters broke, I was standing up and the gravity I suppose meant she pretty much flew down! Only dodgy-ish bit was at the end she was a little bit stuck, (big head) so reluctantly I ended up with a small cut and then stitches, after trying for a while to push her out normally. She was 8lbs 8oz. Funnily enough though even through all of it her heart rate didn't wander, she was very calm.
The midwife used a hand doppler thing to check her heart, none of that being strapped up permanently to a machine.
Overall it was a wonderful birth, just me and my partner at home, in the lounge, I was so relaxed and excited this time, we were watching tv and having tea and biscuits during it, nice bath afterwards, and in my own bed with our little bundle in the moses basket next to us. OK, I didn't sleep much as I kept checking she was breathing (as you do).
Definitely recommend home birth - but make sure you cover all of floor with plastic sheets - luckily I had done as my waters were extensive, and do read a natural birth book as this gives you confidence and you learn breathing techniques/ relaxation etc.
It was such a positive experience, shame it's my last baby, would love to do again - but I am so glad I did it xxx

Thank you for sharing.
I want a home birth and you have inspired me to really go for it!

congrats!! thanks so much for telling us about it - sounds wonderful!!

Thank you for sharing your story!! and congratulations!!

your previous births followed my birth with imogen, so this has really encouraged me thank you, and congratulations. xxx

Congratulations! Very inspiring to read such positive home birth stories.

Thanks everyone and good luck to anyone planning on a home birth xxx

Congrats!
Im so happy you got the home birth you wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back