Allen Carrs easy way to stop smoking.

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any experience with this?? Or no any one who has :flower:

I read it years ago... I remember thinking "that's a great view on things" - that you are not a part of a person and cigarettes are the rest... you are a full person and cigarettes are an addition. However, I still continued to smoke - I just thought differently about it!! I read it because it had been recommended to me by someone who quit after reading it, so it worked for her - but not me.

I must admit though - I did quit for 2 years (not because of the book), and have started again... but can pick it up and put it down now, and I think it's because I have the same view as Allen Carr discussed in his book.

I read it years ago... I remember thinking "that's a great view on things" - that you are not a part of a person and cigarettes are the rest... you are a full person and cigarettes are an addition. However, I still continued to smoke - I just thought differently about it!! I read it because it had been recommended to me by someone who quit after reading it, so it worked for her - but not me.

I must admit though - I did quit for 2 years (not because of the book), and have started again... but can pick it up and put it down now, and I think it's because I have the same view as Allen Carr discussed in his book.

That's exactly what I thought.. I haven't finished the book yet but it seems that I'm all confident when I'm reading it and then as soon as I put the bloody thing down it's out my mind :dohh:

I quit after smoking for 12 years. I finished my cigarette and said that was my last one and it was. Am not sure about these books or hypnosis type things - you have to really want to stop smoking for it to work and if you want it that bad then you will do it.

I read the book and found that when I was reading I thought I could stop no bother. Then I started to slow down the reading as I was getting nearer the end of the book meaning I'd have to stop soon. :haha: I did stop a few months after finishing the book and I used patches for the first couple of weeks but I had changed my thinking about smoking and that was down to the book. I'd been a very dedicated smoker for about 14 years and had a few failed attempts at stopping. I've been stopped over 5 years now and don't think about or even want to smoke.

The other thing that I think that helped me when I stopped was changing my routine and keeping busy. Instead of getting up in the morning to have a cup of tea and a smoke I'd get up and go straight in the shower.

I read it and found it helpful.
:)
I didnt quit straight away but it made me feel sick everytime i smelt smoke so i gave up about a week later..
I carried the book with me for about 3 weeks after stopping and just looking at the cover reminded me of the smell of smoke and made me feel sick.

But ive recently started again so will have to have another read..

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->