Allergic to cold temperature

D

deafgal

Since last year, I have notice my son broke out in huge welt and hives after sitting and waiting for me to pick him up from basketball in the cold....in his shorts (I have no idea why he didn't put his pants back on or stay inside to be warm...fussed at him for it though). This was the first time I noticed he is reacting to extreme temp.

This year, it seem to be getting more noticeable and reacting at shorter time.blotches all over his face when it is cold outside. So to be sure he was allergic to the cold, I put a cloth covered ice pack on him and he left it on for a few minutes. At first he did not react but a minute later, there were huge welts/hives all over where he applied the ice. In fact, we got a call from the school asking about an epipen for him after being out in the cold for gym. They thought it was food allergy but I told them it is more likely reacting to the cold so they gave him benadryl (there's no epipen) and was about to call emergency. He got better quickly after being warmed up so they didn't. Nowaday they just wait til he is warmed up before they do anything (because it is happening way too much but gets better everytime).

Do any of your LO had this? Did it go away even if it gotten worst? I read it can last a few years so I hope that will be the case for him because it seem to be getting worst.

it may not be cold have you had him tested for autoimmune disorders?

my brother has had similar throughout his life but hes actually allergic to his own sweat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->