Allergic to most panty liners, any suggestions?!

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
In the last year I seemed to develop a real allergy to sanitary towels & panty liners.

I still wear panty liners through pregnancy due to the increase in CM.

I've been using Always Soft Like Cotton, and that has the least reaction. They had none in the shop today so I'm using the closest cotton like ones in the Carefree brand.

Nearly two weeks ago, I bought a pack of cheapo ones because they had no branded ones, within a couple of hours, a blister was trying to form, I was sore, red, swollen, I even get like split like cuts from where I guess I'm swelling? It hurts when I sit, sleep, walk, everything. It's at the forefront of my mind it's so bothersome. It has irritated me ever since and it's only started to go away.

Even with no panty liner, and just my knickers are irritating me. I'm not sure if these pants are 100% cotton, I'm guessing they're a blend material. But my PANTS are even causing irritation today!

I've googled around and natracare seems like a good one to try, but I've heard the texture is coarse. Can't seem to find them in stores either, so I'm ordering online.

Can anyone suggest anything else that might not irritate me? Cannot be scented, needs to be cotton like, super soft. I'll try any of them.

I'm now worried that the maternity pads are going to irritate me too, and I really don't want that when I'm healing after giving birth :nope:

Not for everyone but have you thought about cloth? I also saw someone mention pants with a built in pad, I wasn't sure but apparently they are great! Also my daughter suffers with bad irritation and the GP said to wash her underwear seperate without softner as it can cause irritation. Might be a trick when you're not using liners!

I did think cloth liners, but my knickers are irritating me just as much lately, so I'm unsure cloth will do much different! Still, I'm willing to try!
I use the baby non bio washing pods, and baby friendly conditioner and my skin in general still finds a way to get irritated! I haven't been able to use anything scented for years and years!

I did use mooncup several years ago for my periods, and to be honest, I found them quite difficult to remove the once, it almost suctioned so it really was a panic struggle haha. Also, my cervix can sometimes sit rather low, so I don't think it would be comfortable! I'm trying to keep on top of pelvic floor exercises but it makes no difference in how low my cervix sits at times!

What type of laundry detergent are you using? Could be an allergy to that perhaps? I know I am allergic to the concentrate in most soaps, so I use the scent and dye free ones instead, which seems to help.

I asked the GP if I could use Comfort or Fairy but she said no, it will still cause irritation so it might be worth trying a seperate wash without it. I'm not sure what else you could try. :(

I react to anything with perfume in it. A large amount of panty liners are lightly perfumed so it's not super obvious, except to my skin!

I've used the same types of washing detergents for a while now. It's always persil non bio or tesco's baby non bio. Then it's the white baby comfort or tesco baby version for fabric conditioner.

I'll try without the conditioner though! See if that helps!

I was gonna say cloth liners too, but if regular clothes are irritating you too then I'm out of ideas. I wouldn't use a cup though, as I thought they weren't supposed to be used durring pregnancy/postpartum.

There are a few detergents in the US that are specially formulated for cloth diapers and do not have perfumes. They seem pretty gentile as far as skin irritation goes. Do you have anything like that across the pond?

Cloth or natracare are organic cotton disposables.

Natracare are quite expensive buying one pack online! Can’t find any shops that have them in :(

The ones I’m using now seem to irritate me even less than the ones I was using originally! So I’m going to stick with these for a bit and see if they work out! Sometimes the irritation just starts after a week of using so fingers crossed!

I’ve been changing my panty liners often during pregnancy too, to ensure it’s staying clean and fresh down there and not causing any additional irritation by not changing them often!

I use to be very sensitive to pads when I was younger, my mom worked in incontinence so she had access to many different brands and materials, but in the end I started using all natural sterile gauze and would just make a circleof tape underneath to hold it on my underwearor pants if I wasn't wearing any, best decision ever! I still do this when liner is needed it's sterile and so soft and absorbent because it's made for wounds I would deff recommend trying it!

And it's pretty inexpensive, I knowit was cheaper than name brand liners

I am allergic to almost aaaanything on my lady parts! I've always used carefree BC they don't give me any type of reaction :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->