Allergies!!!!

Pulirula

Reaction score
I'm really suffering right now. I took Benadryl before bed last night but woke up at 5am super stuffy. Now I can't lay down at all because I get bad indegestion. Can I take Benadryl and Zantac? I don't wanna big my dr again since I just called yesterday to see if Benadryl is safe. I'm sneezing and my eyes are teary. I hate taking medicine ESP being pregnant it just makes me really nervous.

I'm struggling with heyfever too! I've just started taking Loratidine for it but it usually takes a couple weeks to build up in my system so still getting all the symptoms! I also take Zantac, I've taken it since the first trimester and I'll be on it til the end! My heartburn & reflux is awful. You can def take antacids and antihistamines together, there are no concerns so long as the antihistamine is a safe pregnancy one. I don't like taking meds in pregnancy but in the end, I've made judgements based on my doctors opinion, research I've read and balanced against my own needs!

I have been taking Zyrtec for allergies throughout my pregnancy, it is category B and considered safe. I am going to ask my doc about flonaise at my next appt thought because the zyrtec randomly started making me drowsy, and the sprays are supposed to work better anyway.

My allergies only seem to be bad when the trees are blooming. I have a dr appt tomorrow so I'm just gonna ask her what she recommends I take. Benadryl gives me crazy weird dreams. Worse then pregnancy dreams lol.

Trees are my thing too! The tree pollen season runs earlier in the year than the grass pollen season which is a more common allergy. So I find my heyfever gets a lot better mid summer while my friends suffer into September! Hopefully your doc can recommend another antihistamine, there are a lot out there! I found it was mostly trial and error until I found one that happens to work for me! Luckily, it's one considered safe in pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->