Almost 10 months and nursing less

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
My daughter will be 10 months old in just another week and she has really cut down on nursing sessions. Now she will nurse 2-3 times a day only. She is really into solids but I always try to nurse her before giving her the solid stuff. She used to be totally attached to me wanting to nurse very often but lately it's as if she has lost interest. I have kind of a temperamental milk supply anyways, and I just started a nursing exetern job where sometimes I can't get away to pump in that 12 hour shift. I'm worried my supply might be plummeting and that's why she isn't interested. I've always taken Fenugreek (3 caps 3xdaily) and now I've been on Domperidone (30mg 3xdaily) to try and bump the supply back up.

How often are LOs supposed nurse at this age?

My 10 month old nurses 3 times a day as well and the only one he really cares about is the morning feed. The other two he takes because I offer it but I don't think he'd be that bothered if I didn't!

It sounds pretty normal at this age, they're really into solids at this point and there's lots around to distract them. Plus I think every baby is different, some nurse loads throughout the day and some don't, mine has never used the boob for comfort. It's always been nutrition only for him.

My 10 month old nurses 3 times a day as well and the only one he really cares about is the morning feed. The other two he takes because I offer it but I don't think he'd be that bothered if I didn't!

It sounds pretty normal at this age, they're really into solids at this point and there's lots around to distract them. Plus I think every baby is different, some nurse loads throughout the day and some don't, mine has never used the boob for comfort. It's always been nutrition only for him.

Oh I'm glad she's not the only one! Thank You!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->