Almost 20 weeks and still sooo tired and sick:(

sarah1980

Reaction score
Is anyone else still feeling absolutely shattered at this stage? I was off work for 7 weeks with HG (weeks 8-15) and spent pretty much the whole time in bed I was so ill but now I'm taking ondansetron which makes it manageable, I can function but still feel quite sick most days. The utter exhaustion is frustrating though, there's so much I need to/want to do but can't. I'm in bed before 7pm most nights, sometimes it's nearer 5pm. I had really hoped I'd be feeling better by this stage :(

Sarah xxx

Oh, yes. I'm still shattered at 21 weeks now. I homeschool and stay at home with my kids, ages 5, 3, 2, and 1. They go to bed at 8pm, and so do I. They've been letting me sleep in until 7:15-8:00 lately, which is so awesome of them. Other than that, still have MS, still exhausted all the time. I feel for you. I do try to exercise and get all of my tasks done and prioritize my other children, but man, would I just love to stay in bed for a whole day! lol. I hope you start to feel better soon. I think this just doesn't end until delivery sometimes...

Oh wow! No wonder your exhausted with 4 little ones to look after! I only have one and he's almost 6, I feel bad as I'm quite short with him at times as I just feel so crappy all the time :( there has been occasions where I've went to bed at 5pm and had him lie next to me watching Netflix as I'm so exhausted I really can't do much more! I think you're right though, think I'm going to have it right through to delivery!

I'm sorry you are still feeling so crappy :( I didn't have HG but I was on Ondanestron and it took me until 20 weeks for the nausea to get to a manageable level. I was 20 weeks just before Christmas Day and its the first decent meal I ate since week 6! Even then, I had maybe 3/7 days where I felt rubbish again but it susbsided off at some point between 20-26 weeks! So you might still find you start to feel better over the next few weeks! Fingers crossed you do! Honestly, the tiredness has never gone, it's just better some days than others. As you've had HG, might be worth getting your iron levels checked. I found out I was pretty anaemic at 25 weeks and the difference after several weeks on iron tablets is considerable! I'm still tired but it's not all encompassing and I do have more energy!

I'm sorry you are still feeling so crappy :( I didn't have HG but I was on Ondanestron and it took me until 20 weeks for the nausea to get to a manageable level. I was 20 weeks just before Christmas Day and its the first decent meal I ate since week 6! Even then, I had maybe 3/7 days where I felt rubbish again but it susbsided off at some point between 20-26 weeks! So you might still find you start to feel better over the next few weeks! Fingers crossed you do! Honestly, the tiredness has never gone, it's just better some days than others. As you've had HG, might be worth getting your iron levels checked. I found out I was pretty anaemic at 25 weeks and the difference after several weeks on iron tablets is considerable! I'm still tired but it's not all encompassing and I do have more energy!

Thanks for posting, that really does give me hope! Whenever someone asks me how I'm feeling they usually then go on to tell me about someone or other that was sick right up until the day they gave birth, like thanks that's just what I want to hear right now! I have the mw next week so will mention the iron as I'm also a vegetarian and I know that can affect iron levels too.

Thanks.xx

Oh wow! No wonder your exhausted with 4 little ones to look after! I only have one and he's almost 6, I feel bad as I'm quite short with him at times as I just feel so crappy all the time :( there has been occasions where I've went to bed at 5pm and had him lie next to me watching Netflix as I'm so exhausted I really can't do much more! I think you're right though, think I'm going to have it right through to delivery!

Yeah, I was exhausted before getting pregnant, so it's only gotten worse. Hahaha. It's okay! I always tell people that pregnancy is all about survival. You've just gotta get through it, and sometimes, that doesn't seem easy! Do what you've gotta do! I have a harder time controlling my irritation throughout my pregnancies, too. Our emotions are all outta whack from the hormones, and sometimes, we just don't feel like we have complete control over ourselves. I have gotten a lot of practice, so I know my coping mechanisms that work for me, but it took a lot of practice and research to find the mechanisms. I do sometimes laugh at myself when I want to start yelling at my kids, and I say to myself (out loud), "This is not an emergency. I do not need to react. I just need to take a moment to chill out and think this through." :)

I'm not near as sick but getting bad headaches and still dealing with some nausea at 18 weeks. I'm more tired now than I was in first trimester! It's frustrating because otherwise I feel great. Just tired of the migraines and heaving that comes and goes!

I'm still early this time but I had HG in my last two pregnancies. It went away mostly at 16-18 weeks but I still remember having an unsettled stomach until 22 weeks. I had to take off work with those pregnancies for the first 12 weeks because I couldn't do anything except lay on the couch. Literally. I was all but bed ridden. Chores had to be let go and it bothered me since I'm such a clean freak any other time. It was terrible. I was completely exhausted and had to be put on meds that helped stop me from vomiting but didn't take away the gaggy feeling in my throat or the nausea. I know it is hard but try to take care of yourself as much as you can. Make sure you eat (which is the last thing you probably feel like doing but trust me it'll help; just keep it simple and eat only what you can stomach) and especially drink so you don't get dehydrated. Dehydration makes things much worse. Take little sips throughout the day. My doctor told me aim for at least a cup an hour. Rest as much as you can and don't feel guilty if you have to let your older child/ren watch more TV than you would like them to. Do whatever you must to get through. Lots of :hugs: to you!

I'm so flipping tired now at 23 weeks, more so than I was in first tri. I'm sorry you're still feeling so sick, I don't have HG but I'm still taking my odansetron because otherwise I have a hard time keeping up with eating.

xdxxtx - You hit the nail on the head, pregnancy is really about survival! I have final exam this week and we're moving. Thanks to DH's work schedule and my in laws being out of a town I've been packing our home alone with a cranky 2 year old. I told myself I'd never be the tv parent but it's the only way I can cope with days like today. And I remind myself it's not forever, it's not every day you're moving/taking school exams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->