Almost 4 weeks post-d&c...positive LH but spotting??

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I'm afraid I may have missed ovulation this month, which is a letdown, but not the end of the world, I suppose.

Before successfully conceiving, I had to have my periods regulated first with provera, then ensuring ovulation with clomid.

I was using a brand of LH strips I had never used before, while waiting for my regular brand to arrive in the mail. What's weird is I got barely-there lines with the strange brand, and immediately got an almost-positive, deep but not extremely dark line with the trusted brand, from the same urine.

We have to use a donor, so unfortunately NTNP is not an option for us. :nope:

Yesterday, I tested with my trusted brand, and got almost the same darkness. It was hard to tell, because OH had thrown away the previous day's strip that I usually keep to compare lines. :dohh:
While I was at it, I used the "extreme" way of checking CM when there's not much there... (giving an extremely gentle little squeeze to the end of the cervix with two fingers, catching what comes out between the fingers) and had a teeeny speck of blood.
The rest of the day, I had a little bit of spotting. Checking like that has never before caused spotting. I haven't had sex since the d&c, and haven't seen blood in two weeks. Today there was no more spotting.
Could this be because of touching my cervix? Shouldn't it be healed by now? I think it would be an odd thing to call the doctor about...
"hey I squeezed my cervix and saw blood."
"so don't squeeze your cervix."
You know? :wacko:

And today, the LH strip was lighter than yesterday's. :(

So....could my period be coming in a day or so? Was it just touching the cervix?

I'm impatient to be pregnant again; I want my take-home baby. But I need to know what's going on. I suppose I could just take a deep breath, relax, and wait...but that's way easier said than done.

im not quite sure how to answer this.
but my advice would be to not check your cervix again and wait for your period to start then test again after that af for ovulation. i no its prob not what you want to hear but thats the route i took as i dont think i could have coped with all the testing and cervix checking so soon after erpc.

loads of look hun :hugs:

It could have also been an ovulation bleed if you suspect you were ovulating. If you have missed ovulation hopefully next month things will be back to normal and you can track O better. Sorry for what you are going through. I remember seeing your posts in the misscarriage forum around the same time I was posting on there. I hope we both get our BFP soon. Wishing you the very best of luck.

I don't really know what to think either, but I didn't want to read and run. Maybe your cervix is just more sensitive now? I will sometimes have spotting after BD or a BM if I am constipated (tmi, I'm sure). But I always assumed that my cervix is just a little sensitive. It hasn't stopped me from getting pregnant and hasn't caused any other problems. I am less than two weeks post D&C, so I am definately not to the point of checking CM yet. If you are concerned I would call your doc anyway. First off, I am sure they have heard every question possible, and secondly that is what they are there for is to answer your questions! Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->