Almost sure of his name

SaraVO

Reaction score
According to my husband the hardest part of this pregnancy has been choosing a name. He said that at dinner with friends and I almost choked and starting laughing so hard I had to run to the bathroom. But, we are almost completely committed to our name. There was no bult of lightning or aha moment when we both felt like "yes! That's him" rather everything else on our list just slowly got crossed off or one or both of us didn't like a suggestion. I really think his name will be

Sebastian Richard Ontiveros.

Yes, we know it's a mouthful and I have technically been told that it would be a mistake. My mom laughed at me in the grocery store and I started sobbing while buying basil, my best friend said I was being ridiculous and he will be teased relentlessly. Both sets of my husband's parents have made other suggestions. Very specific relatives that they want honored. Blah blah... but, very early on in my pregnancy my husband said he didn't want a family name. Every one is always named after someone else and he wants our son to have his own. I have since really warmed up to the idea. Even though I thought it was weird. Besides he will have Richard as a family name. He will be the fifth generation to have it as his middle name. That is enough. I'm wondering if there might be some issue we might be missing. He will be here in less than a month. And I am so ready to stop thinking about it.

I really like your name choice and don't see a problem with it at all! It's not like we go around being called our full name every day.

The full name sounds strong and masculine to me; I say go for it!!

I like the name too and don't see anything wrong with your choice. I also don't see why he would be teased.

I agree with pp that it's a strong masculine name.

Don't let them sway you from your choice. It's your baby after all so up to you what he is called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->