Already Worried

bushbabykatie

Reaction score
Hi :)

So I found out today that I was definitely pregnant with the clearblue digital test, which stated 1-2 weeks, so I'm guessing I'm 4 weeks. I was unsure if I was yesterday because I did the Tesco own brand and even though it was a line it was faint. I started antibiotics amoxicillin on Monday, a 2 week course, 1 4 times a day. I also take 50mg of the anti depressant sertraline (which I took in my previous pregnancy) and on Thursday night I had a bottle of white wine (obviously not knowing I was pregnant)!! I'm worried that all these combined may affect the baby. Has anyone else done or taken any of these early in pregnancy/before you knew you were pregnant?! I'm such a worrier!!

im sure theres loads of people that are out there have done so much worse without knowing there pregnant im sure everything will be fine just try to relax xxx

I don't know about the anti depressants but I am taking Amoxicillan at the moment for a UTI (1 3 times a day) and the doctor said he was prescribing them as they are safe during pregnancy so I hope that puts your mind at rest for now.

Maybe read the in box instructions and see if it mentions about taking during pregnancy.

Xxx

I'm on sertraline too. I was on 100mg but I've managed to cut down to 25 which I guess is ok x

You are not meant to drink on either of those medications. I don't think it would make a difference to the baby but its not a good idea at all.

I had to take amoxicillan with my first pregnancy and this one and both for uti's. The doctor explained it wouldn't do any damage and since umbilical cord only develops after 6 weeks pregnant the baby also don't get it into his/her system. My friend had to take anti depressant in both her pregnancy and after whilst breastfeeding and both babies are perfectly fine.

Oh, and if you used the same anti depressant in your previous pregnancy then it would be fine now as well. If you are on antibiotics and use 1 4 times a day then I would think it's necessary so don't stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->