Alright. Am I the only one???

wookie130

Momma to H, O, & C
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm 9 weeks along today. I have a Sonoline B home doppler that I used successfully with my last baby, and I found her around 14 weeks, I believe. I CANNOT find this baby's heartbeat. Now, I realize it's early, and that doctors don't even attempt a doppler until you're around 12 weeks along...so, my head is telling me that everything is fine, but...

There are all of the posts and threads all over about women being able to find the hb at 8+ weeks...and in light of the fact that I cannot find my baby's hb, I'm just not buying it. I am REALLY REALLY good at using the doppler, and I know all of the tricks, and I still can't locate the baby. I honestly think it is just too early, and that something the size of an olive makes it difficult to find, in the vast space that is my womb...but anyway.

Am I the only one not picking up my baby at this early gestation? Is it even good for me to have hope that I can find the baby this early??? I'm sure my doctor would tell me that it's much too soon...but please, help me out here.

9+4 today and I couldn't find baby either. Still too tiny in there!! Don't panic. X

I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm not even 5'2" so its possible that because I started showing at like 11-12 weeks, I also was able to pick up the HB at 8w5d. Maybe for me things got pushed upward since there isn't much space to work with in my torso. :shrug:

There are a ton of ladies who can't find the HB until 10+ weeks though.

Oh, and I have the sonoline b with the 3mhz wand.

ETA: Oh I should mention that I had to have the speaker ALL the way up and pressed to my ear and it didn't register the actual bpm on the screen until closer to 10 weeks. But I'd record for 30 seconds and then figure out the HB with a stopwatch app on my phone.

Me!!

I'm well experienced with using a Doppler and found my last baby at 7+1 loud and clear. This time, however, not even a hint of an echo and I'm at least a week further on, maybe more!! :dohh:

Private scan on the cards I think..... :haha:

I still haven't found the hb! I didn't try last time till after our 12 week scan so I'm thinking I should just put it away until after the scan this time round too as I'm starting to worry myself :/

Me!! I think I found it but it just doesn't sound right or fast enough, especially since at the ultrasound it was up to 164. I feel like once I have my appointment and the doctor finds it then I will know for sure but I still have 12 days til then! Ugh!

I think it is quite early and I think the average for people finding the heartbeat is after 12 weeks.

But that doesn't mean it's not possible before :) I found ours at 8+5 and then every time after that I tried - 9 weeks, 9+2, 9+4 and 9+6. I'm about to try again and will try and record today's using the cable that feeds from the Agelsounds monitor into my mac - though I tried this last time and the wire must have interfered with the monitor as there was lots of weird crackling noises while I had it plugged into computer, but when I removed that wire it was back to normal.

I was surprised to find it so early, but it was definitely baby! No mistaking it! Fast steady heart rate at between 180-196 the times I've listened - a little choo choo train chugging away. My husband heard it the last time too. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have a very long torso (I'm tallish at 5'8 and my torso is slightly out of proportionally long to my legs - if my legs matched my torso I'd be nearly 6 foot I'm sure :) ) and I'm also very slim, so I don't know if those factors helped?

Good luck finding the heartbeat, it's just magical!

x

I have sonoline b and found this baby's heartbeat at 7+2, I was even shocked myself! Couldn't find it for a few days then got a video recording at 7+6, hb was in the 150's.
It is still early to find the hb, try not to stress yourself out about it, give it a few days and try again.

Omg after all that I found mine this morning, really loud and really fast!!! So obvious! Then I coughed.. and off it went, couldn't find it for the life of me again lol!
It was really high up, only an inch below my belly button. Baby must be implanted near the top of my uterus, so if it flops back (as mine often does) I have no chance of finding it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->