Alternatives to clomid?

laura2lyn4

Grayson's momma
Reaction score
Hi everybody :) I have just been prescribed Clomid by my GP because I tend to take so long to ovulate and my cycles are so erratic, however I am always nervous about taking any type of medication. Part of my says I want this baby now but the other part says that I need to try other more natural things first and be patient.

Does anybody have any help on more natural ways to regulate cycles a bit?

I agree with your theory in that I tried a lot of natural things first, herbal fertility cleanse, different vitamins and all that. Nothing worked it only seemed to get worse and worse. So then I tried clomid, wasn't as bad in some ways and worse in others but I only ovulated once out of the 3 cycles I took it. Now, I still don't know really what is going on with my body, I have some theories but need more testing done to find out for sure.
But if you're looking for natural, there's a website, natural-fertility-info.com they have a lot of great info! GL! Hope that helps!

Vitex, it's an herbal supplement. Research it, helped me a lot with my cycles! :)

Vitex is a common one to regulate cycles (1000mg-2000mg per day). It's also known as Agnus Castus or Chasteberry extract.

A lot of people take Soy Isoflavones in the same way as Clomid, to promote ovulation. You take it in the same way you would Clomid (for 5 days at beginning of cycle), and you use double to dose of Clomid (your first dose of Clomid would be 50mg, so you'd use around 100mg of Soy Isoflavones instead.

Both can be bought over the counter, but you shouldn't take them both together/in the same cycle as they counteract each other.

Hope this helps :)

thank you!! MrsMcCurdy, I see that you took your climid days 1-5, my GP told me to do it days 4-8 maybe would make a difference?

and thank you everybody else! I am defiantly going to look into those!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->