Altnagelvin Hospital???

BabyBrave

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

hubby and I are hoping to move house so the odds are I'll need a hospital in the County Tyrone area. Our first was born in the Ulster Hospital home-from-home which was amazing! Made me feel so relaxed and safe and we were left alone after bub came. It was brilliant.

Now I'm so nervous about being in a different hospital! Anyone had any experience with Altnagelvin? Due to the area we're moving too it's really the only respected hospital we could reasonably get too.

Of all the things I thought would stress me out I didn't see it being this so any positivity would be great!!

Altnagelvin should be fine, I was offered it, coleraine or Antrim and went for Antrim as I plan on working as long as I can and I work in Belfast and I thought it would be easier for appointments for that reason too. Antrim is supposed to have a big maternity ward so some dont like the idea of that and choose to go to coleraine or derry for that reason so you may find a more personal service I am not sure but I think when it comes close to the time you will just want to go to the closest anyway! I am in Moneymore so Antrim would be the quickest for me to get to anyway!

Thats the hospital I will be giving birth in, its just up the road from me lol!

They have built a new matenity ward/unit that is supposed to be very good and my SIL had her baby there and she said it was fine. The midwifes seem to be very nice too in the matenity unit as I had to go up for a check on Christmas because I was having bad pains in my belly and they couldn't have been nicer, much better than the midwifes I have to see at the minute.

I go there for my scans too. When I had my 1st scan they wern't too friendly to me but I had my 21 week scan and the woman couldn't have been nicer. I've got my final scan on Monday morning now so we'll see how that goes.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Ang3l. I think I was spoilt at the Ulster as it was like a hotel! Hopefully all goes well again. Really looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you on the big day!

:hug:

hey, altnaglevin just open a brand new maternity unit with birth pools etc, really does look the part, ive had 3 kids there before this new unit was built and never had a problem with it, the midwives and doctors were always nice and pleasant, only thing is, there seem to be alot of people pregnant and i think its going to be really busy this summer,

here all u norn ironers need to come join us in the Northern Ireland Crew thread in the local buddies section!!!

and to the op, sorry hun I;ve no idea, I live in Carrick!

My sister had her two girls in Altnagelvin (first two years ago, second 8 weeks ago) and had no complaints about the place as far as I know

I was born there too but that was 30 years ago so I don't remember ;)

I'll be in Antrim as moving to Randalstown tomorrow but if I was still in Strabane I'd be going for Altnagelvin too :)

:flower:

The new maternity unit at Altnagelvin looks great, I'm going to Coleraine but am in and out of Altnagelvin for work. And all the reports I've heard about it have been positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->