Always look for the silver lining!!

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not coping well ttc atm. That plus other things. We dtd I thought I was pg with the amount of cm after. However it was af :cry:

But it is Friday... AF is here, so tonight I can enjoy a glass of wine :winkwink:

So through all the trying when AF or BFN arrives whats your silver lining??

That I still have my other children to love on and that due to odds eventually that 20% of conceiving has to swing in my favor! Hang in there I know the feeling.

I agree with Jilima. The silver lining is the children we already have. I feel fortunate that I was, atleast, able to conceive them.

I wonder, though, how I will cope with an empty nest. My youngest is only 8 but time goes by so fast. I have been a mom since I was 21 (oldest 14)...How do I identify myself when the children arent children anymore? I miss dirty diapers and snuggles...I want to feel a baby move in my tummy one last time.

Sigh, anyway...I tell myself there's still a chance. That's how I get through the BFNs.

I also think my silver lining is my other children. If I never get a BFP at least I know that I have brought a beautiful child into the world and aim to raise them as respectful beings. I also keep telling myself that if it will be, it will be. If it doesn't happen, then I guess it is not meant to be. This is really what keeps me going.

:( I have so many friends that gripe about their kids and how much they want to have their freedom back and how lucky we are to sleep in and vacation without needing to find someone to watch the kids and can stay up drinking to the wee hours. They remind me to appreciate what we do have, a wonderful life and beautiful home and each other to spend our days with. Plus all these mini versions of our dear friends that we get to enjoy while still going home to sleep in and only do one load of laundry. While my heart craves deeply for all the "headaches" of our own children, and while I remind my friends what you have all said, that they should be so grateful for having their beautiful kids, my silver lining is that I would be far sadder if I didn't have my husband, or our beautiful marriage, house we built, that dream horse I worked so hard on or the chance for us to pursue our dream careers. We made sacrifices, and come hell or high water, we'll have our family eventually. Even if that's through IVF or adoption or being the best damn aunt and uncle possible. That's what gets me through.

That and raw cookie dough. Seriously, best part of not being pregnant, especially when AF shows up. Screw you, I'm eating raw eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->