Am I being tight??!

GemM83

Reaction score
DD turns 4 next week. She is having a party with 17 of her friends, and "Elsa" is making a surprise visit. All in all the party is costing just over £300 🙄

Problem is its left us with a small budget for actual presents! We are getting her her first bike and an Amber (from Sofia) dress up dress....and that's it.

Am I being REALLY tight??! Two presents from mummy and daddy just doesn't feel right!!! 🤷*♀️

TIA for opinions!!!

Jings no! You are already paying way more than I do for my kids. It's sensible and about the thought, not the amount of presents. My son is turning 3 on the 25th, we have booked a restaurant that has a soft play bit for him, dd and 3 cousins. Family are paying their own meals and he is getting a sit on digger (£40) plus clothes and some new cars, sweets and that's it's.

Nope, not tight at all! I've paid £180 for my dd2s 5th birthday party in September, and that's not including food and party bags for 40 kids...
I am spending no more than £100 on her birthdays presents. I've spent £80 already and they're quite small (basically all LOL dolls) so will get her a couple of bigger toys, thinking an art/craft set and a board game and that will be her. She will get off her dad as well as my mum and sisters, so she definitely won't be short of gifts on her birthday

300 on a child's party, nope not tight at all! I do cheap parties in the park or at home, and my dd always gets one present from me. She's just turned 5 and I've never got her more than one. But that is common/typical in my circle. I always just got one growing up, never thought anything of it. Your dd will probably be so excited by Elsa and all the other kiddos there, she won't notice who got her what. Have fun!!

For mine the party is the present (which is then supplemented by presents from the guests) and maybe one or two others thing

No your not being tight, I also see the party as a present :)

Pretty sure that's more than I'll be spending on birthday parties for my daughter's entire childhood, so in my opinion no you are not being tight! My kids get one present from mom and dad for their birthday.

Not at all :hugs:

Totally get it though! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->