Am I in labor?

JadeCrusader

Mama to 2, soon to be 3
Reaction score
My midwife said to only call at this point if I've had my bloody show or contractions that are 45 seconds apart. I've been losing bits of my plug for days now and nearly every time I wipe there is brown to pink blood. I had a long night yesterday night being woken up by menstrual-like cramps that became unbearable and then ebbed away and that morning there was more brownish blood so I called my midwife and she said it was nothing and that since it's brown, it's old blood, so it must just be from when she checked my cervix (like she poked me wrong or something, maybe?)

Anyway, she didn't seem very concerned and now I'm worried and embarrassed to call her for something unnecessary, but all day I've been feeling the menstrual like cramps and a few of them have completely laid me flat! To the point where I had tears in my eyes. I've been timing them just in case and they're between 2-16 minutes apart and vary in length and intensity so I'm so confused! They're so inconsistent. The only consistency is that they keep happening and I'm miserable.

They feel like menstrual cramps, really low, and they've progressed to be hurting my back now too and making me moan, but there's no tightening of my tummy. Everyone says there has to be tummy tightening, so I'm not sure. My husband put his hand on my tummy and said he could feel the baby kicking during one, but I couldn't.

Any advice would be really, really helpful right now :(.

It does sound like early labour. My tummy never hardened in labour with my son, I only felt pain in my cervix and lower stomach.

Hard tummy high up is often associated with Braxton Hicks and the irregularity sounds like very early labour. Call your Mw! That's why youre paying her! She can assess how you're just by having a 15 min conversation with you :) it does sound like early niggles though. You ideally would see some regularity even if they're well spaced apart.

Thanks for the info :). I finally sucked it up and called her and based on my description, she packed her bag and is headed over (from over 2 hours away). Thankfully though, that was awhile ago so she's almost here. After talking with her she confirmed that I was indeed having contractions, which put my mind at ease and things have become less painful because I'm not as tense. They're still coming on hard and with frequency though, so hopefully soon!!! :) Thanks for the encouragement. I was just having a panic moment. Now I'm excited!

Oh exciting... good luck.

I never had stomach tightenings as such...my labour was all in my back as dd was back to back.... she turned as I pushed thankfully!!!!

How exciting! You're next post should be that little on is here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->