Am I in my right, or was I a b***h?

EYD

TTC #2 with new DH
Reaction score
Last week I had to see one of the other doctor's in my office's practice because my doc wasn't available. Well, this other doc made me feel uncomfortable from the start. First, he left me waiting in the hot room for 30 minutes... when I am sure there were no other patients in the office at the time( I was seeing him at a small sub-office.) Then, he started asking me embarrassing questions that didn;t have anything to do with my 28 week visit. He talked down to me like I was a complete moron or a child. Well, earlier this week I logged onto my office's online portal where you can view your appointment info. He added new diagnoses for me, one of which was being a high risk pregnancy, which I am not. So I messaged him to ask him about why he'd given me this diagnosis and he responds back in a lecture style telling me what he knows about my health history ( which is absolutely nothing!) So, that was the straw that broke the camels back! I messaged him back letting him know how uncomfortable he made me feel and that I'd appreciate him conferencing with my regular doctor before he added any new diagnoses to my chart. I told him I would try to never see him again. I called the office to let them know I didn't want to have use him again and to make absolutely sure he did not deliver me no matter what. The office's manager is supposed to call me back and discuss this.
Question.. was I in my right to do and request these things or have I been a bitch? Thanks, Sorry so long

Of course you were. You don't HAVE to do anything, including seeing someone who made you so uncomfortable. This is your pregnancy and birth, and they are paid to look after you. You're the one with the power here.

Good for you for standing up for yourself! This is your pregnancy so make it memorable...not one you will look back on with regrets of things you wish you would have done.

You were absolutely in the right. Health care is consumer driven just like any other industry and how can a hospital/practice get rid of a sucky doctor if they don't know he sucks?

You did the right thing.

After I delivered my son, there was some male nurse that kept coming to my room. He was super creepy. He asked if I needed him to show me how to use the water bottle on my area to help with the tears. He then offered to draw me an epsom salt bath. Maybe he was just being nice, but he was super super creepy. I had my husband ask the charge nurse to keep him out of my room.

You NEED to be comfortable birthing a child and preparing for it.

I think you are totally in the right here. And what a jerk the doctor was!! Also, I am jealous that you have all the online stuff. I wish my doctor's office had that!

Good for you. I applaud you standing up for yourself!

I told DH about the whole isue while he was home from his dinner break... and I could tell he was less than pleased. He's much more passive than myself, taking a "just forget about it" sort of approach with things. I'm starting to doubt myself... I hope they don;t label me as a trouble maker or something. I just love my regulr doc and know he would never make me feel uncomfortable like this guy did.

You were right standing up for yourself..id be the same way:)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->